News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Just so you know the TTC is very lily to ignore an online petition, very few of them actually result in anything because pretty much anyone can sign it with any name they want.

Thanks but I'll take my chances. It's better than me just whining to myself on here.

Am I the only one who finds the colours perfectly intuitive.

Red = too bad, you missed the stop.

That would be intuitive if that were how it was set up. The way it currently is Green = too bad, you missed the stop. Red means going towards this direction. It's backwards to what you would intuitively think.

Am I the only one who finds the colours perfectly intuitive.

Red = too bad, you missed the stop.
Nope you're not the only one. To me, green means the station has already been serviced, and red means station has yet to be serviced. Pretty simple stuff- especially compared to what it was before with green were not serviced serviced, and red being the stations that were serviced.

Nope you're not the only one. To me, green means the station has already been serviced, and red means station has yet to be serviced. Pretty simple stuff- especially compared to what it was before with green were not serviced serviced, and red being the stations that were serviced.

Amare, TheTigerMaster is saying the exact opposite of what you're saying. That shows that it's not intuitive if there's no consensus and people are thinking it's the opposite of what it actually is.

To me the Green lights represent the direction the train is traveling. Th light for the next station blinks green to indicate it is the next station on the route. Most people who are confused by it seem to catch on with in a couple of stops yes you sometimes have to tell a tourist which way it's going but then again all transit systems are like that, the locals will know more then a tourist because they use it all the time.

To me the Green lights represent the direction the train is traveling. Th light for the next station blinks green to indicate it is the next station on the route. Most people who are confused by it seem to catch on with in a couple of stops yes you sometimes have to tell a tourist which way it's going but then again all transit systems are like that, the locals will know more then a tourist because they use it all the time.

Since green means go then you could have the stops you're GOING to be green and that would also be considered green representing the direction you're going. Obviously people catch on after a few stops because they see the stops go by on the map even without it being lit up. Catching on after a few stops happens despite whatever colour scheme you have by virtue of the stops having names.

Since green means go then you could have the stops you're GOING to be green and that would also be considered green representing the direction you're going. Obviously people catch on after a few stops because they see the stops go by on the map even without it being lit up. Catching on after a few stops happens despite whatever colour scheme you have by virtue of the stops having names.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't see them changing it and I don't see the point in arguing over it. It's like is a glass half empty or half full?

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't see them changing it and I don't see the point in arguing over it. It's like is a glass half empty or half full?

And I guess what I'm saying is why do anything ever if we just expect nothing to change. We could all be Debbie Downer or we could actually try to do some good even if it doesn't end up accomplishing anything. At least then you could say you tried. And it's more like saying i would like a glass half full but instead they're giving me an empty bowl.

And I guess what I'm saying is why do anything ever if we just expect nothing to change. We could all be Debbie Downer or we could actually try to do some good even if it doesn't end up accomplishing anything. At least then you could say you tried. And it's more like saying i would like a glass half full but instead they're giving me an empty bowl.

I think it's a case of picking your battles. How many people outside of this forum relay care about which side of the map on the subway has green lights and which has red. At this point I say it's to late to change it , if they had changed it when there were only a few of them in use no one would notice now if you did people would still not notice but might do a double take and question am I on the right train. It's like being asked by someone at the end of the line asking which train goes west from Kennedy for example.

I think it's a case of picking your battles. How many people outside of this forum relay care about which side of the map on the subway has green lights and which has red. At this point I say it's to late to change it , if they had changed it when there were only a few of them in use no one would notice now if you did people would still not notice but might do a double take and question am I on the right train. It's like being asked by someone at the end of the line asking which train goes west from Kennedy for example.

Honestly apparently more people outside the forum care because I have a bunch of friends who have independently brought this up as a pet peeve just from riding the subway. They have no interest in transit, unlike how the people on the forum are interested yet are responding and arguing against change because why bother trying to change anything ever.

Back