News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

May 28

You can see at Front St, the north platform is bump out from the sidewalk as well having a concrete pad for the accessibly ramp.

I am assuming the yellow box are to protect the anchors for the shelters

I was told that the yellow boxes are where the fare machines will be going - I guess we will know very soon.

I was told that the yellow boxes are where the fare machines will be going - I guess we will know very soon.
I thought of that after I posted. Maybe a Presto Machine as well.

It's PARTY TIME:

The event will take place at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 18 and will feature remarks from Mayor Tory and representatives from the province and federal government, along with a representative from Waterfront Toronto. TTC Chair Josh Colle will act as emcee. Remarks will be followed by a ride on the new route; you are invited to ride the new low-floor streetcar for all or part of the route. The streetcar will run the entire length of the route and return to the Cherry street loop. The streetcar will pick up customers along the way, and will be free.

As well, we will have our legacy streetcars, including the vintage Peter Witt and PCC, on display at the Cherry Street loop. We will also have music.

It's PARTY TIME:

The event will take place at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 18 and will feature remarks from Mayor Tory and representatives from the province and federal government, along with a representative from Waterfront Toronto. TTC Chair Josh Colle will act as emcee. Remarks will be followed by a ride on the new route; you are invited to ride the new low-floor streetcar for all or part of the route. The streetcar will run the entire length of the route and return to the Cherry street loop. The streetcar will pick up customers along the way, and will be free.

As well, we will have our legacy streetcars, including the vintage Peter Witt and PCC, on display at the Cherry Street loop. We will also have music.

Been waiting for this. Is there a link? Where will the streetcars be terminating/returning to Cherry, and I guess how will they use Cherry Loop with display cars on it?

Been waiting for this. Is there a link? Where will the streetcars be terminating/returning to Cherry, and I guess how will they use Cherry Loop with display cars on it?
My guess, 4421 or x will be at either the loop or Front St Platform, with the oldies behind it on display.

By the time the 4421 (X) gets back to the Cherry Loop, the oldies will be gone to allow the car to hid for the carhouse.

There are now three shelters along Cherry Street - at the Loop, at Front and at Mill. There are still a couple of the 'yellow boxes' that may be Ticket Vending machines - I guess we will find out eventually.

The City contractors seem to readying the traffic lights at Cherry & Mill and Cherry & Front

The TTC has started putting up the new 121 bus stops(or installing new signs at existing stops) along The Esplanade and Mill.

Last edited:
The traffic lights are apparently now working @ Cherry & Front and Cherry @ Mill and the TTC was testing streetcars all afternoon.

Oh goody. :) More parallel ROWs with traffic lights that really do require that all drivers, cyclists and pedestrians pay attention to their particular signal.

Oh goody. :) More parallel ROWs with traffic lights that really do require that all drivers, cyclists and pedestrians pay attention to their particular signal.
It is time to urgently revise the HTA to reduce the duplication of signals, as well as allow more unique signals. In particular, they desperately need to allow red arrows. I think of that every time I'm on Queens Quay.

Which signal is more intuitive?
3-2-12.jpg
Or
RKYsyGA-us5wQWlzO0XvYA_m.jpg

Back