News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

9454151539_6bebaa1145_b.jpg

Are those traffic signals above the ROW on the east side of the road temporary installations? It would look like shit if that's permanent but you never know in this city.

Are those traffic signals above the ROW on the east side of the road temporary installations? It would look like shit if that's permanent but you never know in this city.

The ones at Eastern are temporary some what. If you look south to Front St, south of here in that photo, the left traffic light is in the centre/between the ROW and road. They can be seen in other photos that are posted here or up on site. It will be fix once the whole intersection is completed now the new road is in place.

What is unknown, will the ROW have the standard lights for the streetcars that we have today or will it be to the Europe standard that we have asked for since 2005? I asked the question early this year and no one had an answer for me at a meeting.

Oct 10
The plan that most of us knew that the new loop would not be built until 2015 after the Pan AM games, but is being built now. The Pan AM book call for the loop area to be a parking lot for the buses and looks like that been change.

The section between Eastern and King moving very slow with retaining walls being built. Looks like Oct will be the time frame for the new road.

Was told that the November TTC work at King has been moved into 2014 with no timetable at this time.

They have installed small bollards between the ROW and the sidewalk that was requested by TTC.

Hard to say if Cherry St will reopen as plan in Oct at this point, but most of it is ready to open now.

Just noticed looking at the the photos, TTC going to use the current traffic lights.

Couldn't get any good shots of the loop since there was a Mobil Crane & equipment in the way removing a tower crane.
9780132274_ae9083179a_b.jpg

9779937811_9549b58b95_b.jpg

9780144624_bab8c49f78_b.jpg

9779944661_f883c61ca9_b.jpg

9780159656_3d04aaf5c0_b.jpg

9780157594_c9c9ccf23c_b.jpg

9779926191_e76be4260d_b.jpg

9792412785_2cd68a67b3_b.jpg

9792225613_c24e93e8e4_b.jpg

9792136295_dccb38e3f0_b.jpg

9792405936_0967a23fd1_b.jpg

TTC has requested that the loop be built this year in place of 2016 as they wanted all the work out of their hair now for it.

Now to get them to run every 3-5 car to the loop in 2014 until the games. Then restart the line in Aug 2015. This way, TTC can build some ridership up sooner than later and show the new buyer in 205/16 what they have to look forwarder to.

TTC has requested that the loop be built this year in place of 2016 as they wanted all the work out of their hair now for it.

Do you know if WT or IO have agreed to build the loop this year? (If so, they need to get on with it.) Also, will they do the section from King to Eastern in Spring 2015? Can they get the special trackwork made in time?

Do you know if WT or IO have agreed to build the loop this year? (If so, they need to get on with it.) Also, will they do the section from King to Eastern in Spring 2015? Can they get the special trackwork made in time?

The loop was almost completed when I last saw it and it should be now.

I known the Nov work for King was move to 2014 since the road would not be completed by then to shift traffic to it so the ROW could be built.

If they can get the connection completed by spring, TTC could run service on the Cherry line, but will TTC do it?

If they can get the connection completed by spring, TTC could run service on the Cherry line, but will TTC do it?
I don't see any need to run a scheduled service down Cherry, given the lack of people down there yet.

However if they move their clockwise and counterclockwise looping around King/Queen/Broadview/Dundas/Parliament or even their eastbound looping at Church to just down Cherry, it could save them some serious time when the vehicle is off-route and empty.

I don't see any need to run a scheduled service down Cherry, given the lack of people down there yet.
Does the Distillery District with those new condo towers going up contribute to a "lack of people"? ;)

1. I walked to look today and the loop at the rail track end of Cherry is NOT completed and as they have done no work there on it for over a month I assume they are not intending to complete it until ?? (Odd though that seems!)
2. It would make sense to use the Cherry loop for short-turns rather than Parliament.
3. The resident population in the Cherry Street area is increasing. One of the two new towers at the Distillery is now fully open, the second one will be taking in residents in the next couple of months. There will, of course, be MORE people once the Pan-Am Village buildings are occupied by 'real people' (2016) but it is certainly not a wasteland down there today.

Does the Distillery District with those new condo towers going up contribute to a "lack of people"? ;)
Not until enough people move in. But heading in the right direction. The Pape bus runs right past those condos ... at least it will once Cherry Street re-opens. It doesn't seem to be particularly crowded at peak when I take it. Seems busier running north on Carlaw than at Parliament/Mill.

1. I walked to look today and the loop at the rail track end of Cherry is NOT completed and as they have done no work there on it for over a month I assume they are not intending to complete it until ?? (Odd though that seems!)
Doesn't seem odd ... surely the piece left unbuilt will be the access from Cherry to that huge temporary parking lot they've now paved just to the east of the loop.

Did they provide stub tracks pointing further south on Cherry, so that the waterfront streetcar can be connected to it eventually?

Back