40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

From this link.

Making Runnymede Station Accessible

1546548405474.png

1546548427357.png

1546548450191.png

To enter the westbound elevator, passengers will have to enter through a new PRESTO gate from the concourse level unpaid area.

Also how is Museum going to be made accessble?

There are or were two ideas under consideration.

One was to put the elevator with the second exit.

The second exit is proposed to go into the north end of Queen's Park, coming from the southern end of the Museum platform (the jail).

The alternative has been something on the west side of Queen's Park Crescent/Avenue Rd. That might look like the post above, or might be integrated into the redevelopment of the Planetarium (highly probable).

In the latter case, it would be an underground connection off the existing mezzanine, with the stair case moved indoors, an elevator added, and possibly an up escalator as well.

Shades of Victoria Park (and more of them) ............that is a splash.....of colour(s).

I like the principle (what's there is drab)............not so sure about this exact jumble.............

Love the colours, but they really should do something about that concrete bunker. It makes little sense to have been built that way. Other than the daylight poking out at one end you could think you're underground. Would be nice if in the budget was enough to add just a few windows, and maybe expand on that colour theme.

You mean the ramp leading up to the elevator for wheelchairs, strollers, walkers, crutches, etc.?
1548612981050-png.172386

Could be conduits, pipes, or steel beams underneath.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Just like how there is a ramp leading to the esclator at High Park Station.

the colours are garish and have no harmony. I appreciate the concept to bring some color to the monolithic concrete station - but that's just not how to do it.

Back