News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Family and friends I know who suffer from motion sickness tell me otherwise. They tell me the eyes are crucial to them in mitigating their sickness. So, for example, can't sit on GO trains facing in the opposite direction of movement....can't read in moving vehicles at all ......some have difficulty in back seats of cars....etc........need to keep their eyes forward in the same direction of movement.

Must be a lot of dizzy or sick people on the subway.

First accident with new streetcar. My friend caught it.

Benz from Texas tried to cut it off and got rear ended.

Just a fender bender.

10486467_10100772780964271_8674166249308563338_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10486467_10100772780964271_8674166249308563338_n.jpg
    10486467_10100772780964271_8674166249308563338_n.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,001

LOL ... Texas. Perhaps this explains all the collisions they have in Houston. The thing has been on the road for near 18-months, and the first person to cause an accident is from Texas? What are the odds?

Just a fender bender.
I wonder how his insurance will appreciate being told he's in a fender-bender with a 5-million piece of equipment!

Just a fender bender.

Does that insurance rule apply that whoever gets hit from behind - its the other guys fault.

LOL ... Texas. Perhaps this explains all the collisions they have in Houston. The thing has been on the road for near 18-months, and the first person to cause an accident is from Texas? What are the odds?

I wonder how his insurance will appreciate being told he's in a fender-bender with a 5-million piece of equipment!

Note that it is an automobile collision with the streetcar.

From The Star, at this link:

St. Clair streetcar line has made pedestrians safer: study

Hospital for Sick Children research concludes that pedestrian-vehicle collisions were reduced by half after the separated streetcar line was built.

The separated streetcar line on St. Clair Ave. may have caused endless headaches during its five years of construction, but a new study claims your safety is much better off for it. Pedestrians are now just half as likely to be hit by a vehicle along the route, according to analysis from the Hospital for Sick Children.

The study, published in the journal Accident Analysis & Prevention, concludes there was “a 48 per cent decrease in the rate of these collisions after the dedicated streetcar lane was installed,†and notes a particularly sharp drop in collisions involving children.

The numbers were crunched by Dr. Andrew Howard, an orthopedic surgeon who has a strong motivation for seeing fewer pedestrian injuries — particularly for kids, though all age groups were included in the study. “Children hurt themselves in all kinds of ways, but the ones that are most life-altering and difficult … the really nasty ones, are these pedestrian-motor vehicle accidents,†Howard said.

Howard is part of a hospital research unit that specializes in analyzing Toronto traffic safety data. This study looked at 153 reported pedestrian-vehicle collisions along the route between January 2000 and December 2011, and broke them down into categories including age group, reported injury severity, and location. Howard said they used a model that controlled for seasonal factors and the periods of construction along the line, which was built in segments between 2005 and 2010.

The reduction in collisions was largely attributed to pedestrians now being forced to cross traffic at intersections with signals, rather than walking into the middle of the street to board streetcars. Another factor is vehicles being blocked from turning left except at major intersections, Howard said.

The study acknowledges many limitations. It estimates that only a quarter of pedestrian-vehicle collisions are reported to police, with minor ones often going undocumented. The model also did not take into account changed traffic volumes on St. Clair after construction.

Howard said he hopes to see more research done on how the design of streets affects the safety of those walking and cycling.

“We don’t want to be in a city where we pay a safety penalty for walking,†he said. “We have been reducing the risk to people in motor vehicles for decades, but we haven’t made similar gains in reducing it for pedestrians and cyclists.â€

4402 has scrape marks at the lower level of the side of the car at the front as well the front door. There is also a dent in the body in front of the door edge.

Have photos, but not sure when I will have them on line.

The female driver try to out race the streetcar to get around a park car and never made it.

Never noticed the the car was from Texas until now when I looked at the photos.

The car lost the bumper and left lights as well a dent in the front side.

Almost everyone came over from the yard to have a look and take photos.

Wasn't sure if it was 4402 or 4403 as 4401 was in the yard as I walked over to have a look.

This was recorded on Video for 4402 and was going to be download and given to the police.

The driver will have a charge or 2 lay against her as well a nice repair bill including the one to fix 4402.

As for letting drivers in from the south, you better worry more about the ones that live here, since 50% of them should be off the road and ban from driving for life.

Wait tell these thing start to hit the streets with no ROW, that when the real fun begins.

Last edited:
All routes that don't have and ROW will have the same issues today and having driver trying to out race the streetcar to get around it only to see more of these hits.
14283262990_9391041184_b.jpg

14468722254_91a975e33b_b.jpg

14283303358_c43b423b82_b.jpg

14283426917_87365550a0_b.jpg

I sure hope they charge the driver the damages. Well look at the bright side - at least we have another data point for testing purposes.

AoD

Maybe there's a high school nearby who can take out the body work "exam" on the streetcar. At a cheaper body work price than someone's brother's friend's cousin.

Back