News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This is precisely why I am complaining. This is tied to the Presto rollout.

Furthermore, I as a Toronto taxpayer and TTC customer have paid for these LFLRV's. I expect them to be used. Or, if they are not in service, I am entitled to a reasonable and transparent explanation as to why not.

I.e. Where is 4406? Does anyone know?

I.e. Why does 4400 and 4403 "show up" (as nfitz said) one evening, but not others?

I.e. Why is there no public explanation as to why the rebuild of 4401 and 4402 is taking so long?

My source at the TTC tells me that TTC staff have been taking them on joyrides. They'll return them once everyone on board is sufficiently inebriated.

like that'll happen lol
Why do you say that? They seem on target to hit their July target for 26 subway stations. There's been sightings of test units on CLRVs. Shouldn't take terribly long to deploy, once they have something working.

Given they recently accelerated the schedule, that's a good sign things are going well. You don't agree to do that if things are going badly.

I.e. Why does 4400 and 4403 "show up" (as nfitz said) one evening, but not others?
Who knows ... perhaps they are making alterations. TTC has commented that some cars were accepted on understanding Bombardier would have to fix some things later.

Sometimes when they "show up" they are just testing things. Right now, NextBus is showing car 4403 on route 68 Warden eastbound on Fleet Street. Presumably they are testing something.

I.e. Why is there no public explanation as to why the rebuild of 4401 and 4402 is taking so long?
There has been public explanation. Both need to go back to Thunder Bay for modifications. TTC hasn't accepted either yet, but Bombardier has agreed to let TTC borrow them for training purposes, and they will return to Thunder Bay later this year.

On the good news front, from the location of the flatcar used for most of the trips, I think 4408 arrived at Hillcrest a couple of hours ago. Either that, or it's in a siding nearby. Apparently when the flatcar returns to Thunder Bay, it will be taking 4402 back.

Last edited:
I wonder how the new LFLRV's will be able to handle huge downpours (ie:street flooding) like the ones we've seen today and last Sunday. Im starting to get a feeling that the water would start to flood in if they ever had to cross a large body of water on the roads.

For example, there was flooding near Lakeshore and Kipling (an area that tends to flood with very quickly with downpours) and the ALRVs managed to cross albeit going very slowly. The water was about 8-9 inches high at least, and it spanned 2 city blocks.

Why do you say that?\

I just have a hard time believing any of TTC's completion dates. The presto roll out has been unbelievably slow and it doesn't seem like they will be able to do the entire streetcar fleet in just 6 months regardless of the valid points you have made.

I just have a hard time believing any of TTC's completion dates. The presto roll out has been unbelievably slow and it doesn't seem like they will be able to do the entire streetcar fleet in just 6 months regardless of the valid points you have made.

...and when they just put in new turnstiles at Union only a couple are Presto enabled. If they were planning for the future all of the new ones should be Presto.

Now they will have to duplicate the work.

...and when they just put in new turnstiles at Union only a couple are Presto enabled. If they were planning for the future all of the new ones should be Presto.

Now they will have to duplicate the work.
I understand that they can't get all of them at once and are spreading them around. The ones at King were installed yesterday.

Deliveries slipped to 45 days between shipments and 4 out of 6 are out of service for another consecutive day. I may have spoken too soon about BBD.

Back