News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The full stock symbol for the company is BBD the ".B" refers to a class of stock in that company....just as there are b class shares there are also ".A"s and (I believe) ".C" shares. ;)

BBD.B is the most commonly traded class of common shares issued by Bombardier. There is also BBD.A but those are 10 votes per share and are 80% held indirectly by the Bombardier family.

BBD.B is the most commonly traded class of common shares issued by Bombardier. There is also BBD.A but those are 10 votes per share and are 80% held indirectly by the Bombardier family.
yes, I know that.....but it joints points out that the stock market short form for Bombardier is simply BBD and they use the ".X" to denote different types of stocks in BBD

The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) holds shares in Bombardier, so we all "own" Bombardier. See link.

Bombardier Inc A: 494,000 shares or $1 million

Bombardier Inc B: 3,094,000 shares or $8 million
This is as of March 31, 2015.

The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) holds shares in Bombardier, so we all "own" Bombardier. See link.

Bombardier Inc A: 494,000 shares or $1 million

Bombardier Inc B: 3,094,000 shares or $8 million
This is as of March 31, 2015.

Those 3 million class B shares were worth $4.3MM at around 10 this morning.

I doubt if there are many (any?) pension plans in Canada (or canadian based equity mutual funds) that don't own a bit of the company either.

I should note that both Cincinnati and Kansas City have just received their first new streetcar a month late. Built by CAF in Elmira, NY

Oklahoma City, Okla. - city atty: Inekon contract now null and void‏
http://newsok.com/article/5457751

Last edited:
Not to beat a dead horse, but just curious if there was an official delivery date for 4412. The TTC website hasn't mentioned a thing.

Not to beat a dead horse, but just curious if there was an official delivery date for 4412. The TTC website hasn't mentioned a thing.
CP reported that it was placed at the Hillcrest siding at 4:30 pm on October 28th, with 4412 offloaded sometime before October 29 at 11 AM. There were reports on the Internet of people seeing car being shunted around the Lambton yard around sunset on the 27th (having arrived at about 9:40 AM that morning).

From the sounds of it Quebec wants Ottawa to give BBD $1billion...if Trudeau is smart he will do it but get something out of it as well...

- Contract for replacement of Go Trains with EMUs
- Contract for replacement of VIA vehicles
- Contract for new vehicles for DRL
- Contract for new government airplanes

With all that potential new business for BBD and likely not a lot of appetite to give it to them, there might be something to be done where we do two or three of the above sole-sourced with the idea that we pay for part of the contracts up front as a way to give them additional liquidity while they get the plane finished...

From the sounds of it Quebec wants Ottawa to give BBD $1billion...if Trudeau is smart he will do it but get something out of it as well...

- Contract for replacement of Go Trains with EMUs
- Contract for replacement of VIA vehicles
- Contract for new vehicles for DRL
- Contract for new government airplanes

With all that potential new business for BBD and likely not a lot of appetite to give it to them, there might be something to be done where we do two or three of the above sole-sourced with the idea that we pay for part of the contracts up front as a way to give them additional liquidity while they get the plane finished...
Here's a different idea - make separating Bombardier Transportation from Bombardier Aerospace a condition of the deal, so that Aerospace's Learjet and CSeries crises don't drag down the whole.

As for the bullet points, the acquisition of Challengers by Chretien was a bit of a scandal at the time. I'm not sure what Trudeau "gets out of it" as posited above except hassle.

The TTC website never mentions anything about LFLRV deliveries.

I think it's best if we stop the tracking of these streetcars. It's going to be a LONG ROAD from here on out, given the joke that is the Bombardier delivery rate.

It is long past the time to have any hope of an acceleration of deliveries.

With Presto coming on CLRV's within weeks, I stopped giving a rats ass about tracking the deliveries - much better on my heart this way. :mad:

We're now waiting for #4413

3-skeletons-copy.jpg

The TTC website never mentions anything about LFLRV deliveries.
It's more likely to issue a press release when one enters service, but often there is some kind of mention on social media of a delivery.

With Presto coming on CLRV's within weeks, I stopped giving a rats ass about tracking the deliveries - much better on my heart this way. :mad:
Given how much the commute is impacted by overcrowded vehicles, and replacement buses because of the streetcar shortage, I give a lot more rats about the vehicle, than the payment technique (which is of minor concern to those of us who use a Metropass, or keep a few tokens on us at all times).

Back