News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Good try Bombardier but that is totally irrelevant.

How far behind schedule was the company in delivering those displayed vehicles? How much trouble did the contracting cities have to go through due to that?

To counter negative reports, Bombardier sent out this tweet, see link:

BombardierRail ‏@BombardierRail Oct 28

BombardierRail Retweeted Business Insider

We've contributed to the metro vehicles in Berlin, London and New York, just to name a few!"

BombardierRail added,

bi_graphics_public-transportation-around-the-world.png

See Business Insider, at this link.

So they featured Dubai and Sao Paulo as one of the best but not TTC?

I think the message may be - some of our customers place much bigger orders than TTC does.

I'm beginning to think that my 'failed relationship' analogy may be more on point than I imagined. I wonder if BBD wants a divorce as much as TTC does. Or feels that we're lucky to have them, we aren't the only game in town.

- Paul

So they featured Dubai and Sao Paulo as one of the best but not TTC?
...or the Shanghai Metro with its impressive construction speed (and being larger and having more stations than any other subway system in the world)?

Good thing that there isn't a "Worst subway system" list or else the TTC would be lumped with MARTA (and I'm not saying that the TTC or MARTA are bad, though MARTA would show up on many transit fans' lists of worst subway systems).

Please stop using the slang "BBD" for Bombardier. It means something else entirely.

*sigh* Once again, Urban Dictionary is my friend. It's a good thing, because the people I hang out with are of a certain age :)

Those initials have been Bombardier's stock symbol and their railway reporting marks for at least 20 years. Please don't be offended if we used them in that context...some of us miss the odd memo.

And......Please stop taking familiar acronyms and attaching controversial new meanings to them. If you want to be hip, be original about it.

(Okay, that was tongue in cheek - now that I know, I won't use the term any more. )

- Paul

Last edited:
Please stop using the slang "BBD" for Bombardier. It means something else entirely.
BBD is the 3-letter acronym that Bombardier themselves chose to use on the stock exchange. I have no idea why you'd object to using BBD's own self-identification.

It's never crossed my mind it has another meaning.

I'm not even aware of what it means, but googling it, it stands for Big black dog, or Barbados Dollar. (apparently there is such a thing as black-dog bias - who knew?

Bombardier is clearly listed on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBD

I think the BBDs look great. I hope to see a lot more of BBD in Toronto. Whenever I see these BBDs I get excited. I really like take a ride on a BBD. Hopefully the upcoming BBDs don't come too late.

How much BBD do you ride? I ride at least 20 a week. I like to get around.

Hold on, going to ride a BBD right now.

I think the message may be - some of our customers place much bigger orders than TTC does.
But they didn't show that at all. Unless I missed it, Bombardier didn't show how many vehicles they built for those transit networks.

And now these f#ckers want Ottawa to bail out their sh#ttfaced poor planning and execution on their aerospace projects.

Back