News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I was on 4412 today and it had no functioning fare machines. Was interesting - as people would check the machines, and then just sit, no one checked with the driver.

No, you're not supposed to disturb the operator.

Last time I knocked on the glass, this happened:

NNVWdrV.gif

I don't try to talk to streetcar operators anymore.

So wasn't 4416 supposed to be in service by now? Another failure by Bombardier.

On the bright side, the next new streetcar will be heading to 511 Bathurst (I think) now that the 510 has all its LFLRVs.

Don't know if its mentioned yet but 4414 is out on Spadina now.

4414's first entered service last Friday.

As for 4415, it only was unloaded from the ramp on Tuesday. It won't be entering service until late next week at the absolute earliest.

It sounds like 4416 will arrive at the ramp this weekend, so it's only missed the deadline by a couple of days.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

4414's first entered service last Friday.

As for 4415, it only was unloaded from the ramp on Tuesday. It won't be entering service until late next week at the absolute earliest.

It sounds like 4416 will arrive at the ramp this weekend, so it's only missed the deadline by a couple of days.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
The speed of deliveries seems to have picked up somewhat.

No, you're not supposed to disturb the operator.
That's all part of what's wrong with front line customer service at the TTC. A customer seeking information or assistance is not a nuisance to be avoided, but instead presents the TTC employee an opportunity to connect with his/her customer.

Now, my grandfather was a London (UK) bus driver, and I remember how his Roadmaster bus isolated the driver. However there was always a second employee on the bus to help customers, collect fares and keep the peace.

So wasn't 4416 supposed to be in service by now? Another failure by Bombardier.

On the bright side, the next new streetcar will be heading to 511 Bathurst (I think) now that the 510 has all its LFLRVs.

Nope, unless there's been a change in plans, 509 is next--currently has 2, I believe they aim to fully convert it before starting 511.

That's all part of what's wrong with front line customer service at the TTC. A customer seeking information or assistance is not a nuisance to be avoided, but instead presents the TTC employee an opportunity to connect with his/her customer.

Now, my grandfather was a London (UK) bus driver, and I remember how his Roadmaster bus isolated the driver. However there was always a second employee on the bus to help customers, collect fares and keep the peace.

Having the operator of a tram or train isolated from passengers isn't really different anywhere else in the world.

You can still talk to the driver on the LFLRV. There's no rule against it and I've seen it happen many times.

Back