News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Just enough for the NWT to buy one second hand bus!
maybe they have enough buses but the pressing issue is lack of bus shelters? different issues in different places? I have never been there but it is possible their issue is not simply vehicles and they might find something postive and useful to do with that amount of money.

TTC faces $34M bill to keep old streetcars rolling
'It's frustrating' paying to maintain streetcars that should be scrapped, TTC's Byford says
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/new-streetcars-delay-bill-1.3503600

Ongoing delays in getting Toronto's new streetcars delivered could take a $34 million bite out of the TTC's budget.

Today staff will ask the TTC board to approve $34 million to keep the older streetcars running, money that's needed due to ongoing delays getting the new streetcars delivered by Bombardier.

I think I have an idea of where to mail the bill...

I've never seen it flickering. Where have you seen it flickering?

I actually do see the front LED route information signs flickering in real life, on both buses and the new streetcars. I assumed they were faulty, but it sounds like it's just my eyes. I see a black flickering line that slowly moves down the sign. Does anyone else see it?

I can't help but think City Finance is not displeased since it defers paying for the cars further into the future, especially since it is surely laughable that we will see them all delivered by end 2019.

There was a photo posted online of 4418 at Agincourt Yard on Tuesday. Looks like it was delivered to Hillcrest this morning.

upload_2016-3-24_15-23-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-24_15-23-5.png
    upload_2016-3-24_15-23-5.png
    1 MB · Views: 633
Last edited:
There was a photo posted online of 4418 at Agincourt Yard on Tuesday. Looks like it was delivered to Hillcrest this morning.
Yay, that's exciting!
That snake oil company is, as of today, continuing to claim that they'll be delivering 4 LRVs a month starting in April.
The current statistics stand at a mean time between delivery of 35.4 ± 19 days. Getting this to an average of 7.5 days is going to be pretty tough, as that's almost exactly 1.5 standard deviations better than the current mean. I won't bother to calculate the statistical chance of the next month having a mean of 7.5 days...

Back