News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Interesting thought, could CP now be storing the cars at Agincourt due to past security concerns at Lambton? If so my morning bus rides down Runnymede wont have the same suspense and mystery as they have.

CP made changes to its local switcher assignments, which led to delivery of the LRV's via Agincourt, rather than Lambton Yard. Transit time door to door from the factory in Blunder Bay to Hillcrest appears to have lengthened.

CP is busy saving money to buy other railroads.

- Paul

With 4418 now at Hillcrest, will we see it in service on April 1 or 3rd??

What car will be use for the Easter Parade on Sunday? Could be 4417 since this is the newest one in service at this time.

What new rebuilt ALRV be use for the parade as well?? All TTC series cars will be use this year in the parade.

With 4418 now at Hillcrest, will we see it in service on April 1 or 3rd??

What car will be use for the Easter Parade on Sunday? Could be 4417 since this is the newest one in service at this time.

What new rebuilt ALRV be use for the parade as well?? All TTC series cars will be use this year in the parade.

I think it might be an ALRV instead of a CLRV but who knows maybe five streetcars will be out will be out. I wonder where they will marshal them before heading out to Neville park loop?

I think it might be an ALRV instead of a CLRV but who knows maybe five streetcars will be out will be out. I wonder where they will marshal them before heading out to Neville park loop?
TTC streetcars to take part in Easter parade

March 24, 2016

The TTC's streetcar fleet, vintage and modern, will join the annual Toronto Beaches Lions Easter Parade this Sun., March 27, at 2 p.m.

The parade runs along Queen Street East from Munro Park to Woodbine Avenue.

Toronto's new low-floor, air-conditioned streetcar will be accompanied by a refurbished ALRV and a CLRV streetcar. These cars join the vintage Peter Witt streetcar, which served the citizens of Toronto from 1921 until 1963, and the PCC streetcar that was the backbone of the TTC's streetcar fleet from 1938 until 1995.

Sixteen of the new accessible streetcars are now in service on the 510 Spadina and 509 Harbourfront routes.

During the parade, the 501 Queen streetcar route will turn back at Kingston Road starting at 1 p.m. The 64 Main and 92 Woodbine South buses will also be on diversion for the duration of the parade. See ttc.ca for more details.

Regular service will resume at 5 p.m.

TTC streetcars to take part in Easter parade

March 24, 2016

The TTC's streetcar fleet, vintage and modern, will join the annual Toronto Beaches Lions Easter Parade this Sun., March 27, at 2 p.m.

The parade runs along Queen Street East from Munro Park to Woodbine Avenue.

Toronto's new low-floor, air-conditioned streetcar will be accompanied by a refurbished ALRV and a CLRV streetcar. These cars join the vintage Peter Witt streetcar, which served the citizens of Toronto from 1921 until 1963, and the PCC streetcar that was the backbone of the TTC's streetcar fleet from 1938 until 1995.

Sixteen of the new accessible streetcars are now in service on the 510 Spadina and 509 Harbourfront routes.

During the parade, the 501 Queen streetcar route will turn back at Kingston Road starting at 1 p.m. The 64 Main and 92 Woodbine South buses will also be on diversion for the duration of the parade. See ttc.ca for more details.

Regular service will resume at 5 p.m.

cool I'll have to get down there again this year to check it out.

The current statistics stand at a mean time between delivery of 35.4 ± 19 days. Getting this to an average of 7.5 days is going to be pretty tough, as that's almost exactly 1.5 standard deviations better than the current mean. I won't bother to calculate the statistical chance of the next month having a mean of 7.5 days...

Unless the statistics are based on a production line that has had no change and are being used to predict performance of a line with no change, I fail to see the relevance. Either Bombardier has made production line and supply chain changes that will adjust the rate at which the line will produce vehicles, or they will not meet their target. They aren't going to meet their targets by crossing fingers and employing factory floor cheerleaders.

No doubt TTC are precluded from using 4401. At least it would be doing something useful.

Unless the statistics are based on a production line that has had no change and are being used to predict performance of a line with no change, I fail to see the relevance. Either Bombardier has made production line and supply chain changes that will adjust the rate at which the line will produce vehicles, or they will not meet their target. They aren't going to meet their targets by crossing fingers and employing factory floor cheerleaders.
I was being facetious a bit with the statistics. The real point I wanted to make is that 4 streetcars a month is a really significant change from where they're at right now...not just a bit of a ramp-up. They're trying to get 5 times faster all at once. I worry that they're just setting themselves up for a missed promise. It would be more believable if they promised 2 streetcars in April, 3 in May, and 4 in June. I would love to stand corrected here though.

They used 4402 two years ago.

that was before thy had 4400 and 4403, no doubt there was some sort of special permission, to use it an it was driven by Bombardier staff rather then TTC staff. It also was plastered with stickers saying when they would be coming.

This one is from April 20 2014

and this is from last year on April 5 2015

CLRV 4030 fresh from the paint shop was used last year along with 4406 since it was the newest one.

CLRV 4186 fresh from the paint shop was used in 2014 along 4402
17057446056_b0d1f7562a_h.jpg

14076413576_3070cba6a1_h.jpg

14096298971_84472049e6_h.jpg

16895637318_7ea5ca850d_h.jpg

14119568293_41d34f6efb_h.jpg

Back