News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Because of emergency sewer repairs, 501L will be all buses until further notice. There are 22 Flexities due to construction along the 504 today.
So I was visiting in south Etobicoke today and I came upon this.
20181209_173844.jpg

The cut in the pavement bisects the westbound 501 tracks.
20181209_173904.jpg

Hmm, so TTC is covering up the truth it seems. Very typical of them...
How can they be covering up something when streetcars can't run when construction is next to the tracks for safety reason???

Anyways, does anyone here know when 4512 will be ready for service ?
Last night could be its last test run since it be out almost 24 hours since it started testing, other than a few trips to the service bay. Will know more in a few hours.

If it is in the service bay to be prep for service, Wed could be the day it sees service. I will say Tues-Friday is when you will see it in service if there is no issues during testing. Been a long time for a car to go into service 8 days after arrival, let alone 10 days. 4511 was 11 days. 4510 was 15 days which is the norm these days.

4513 is still not tracking at this time and haven't heard if 4514 or 4515 was off loaded today.

Last night could be its last test run since it be out almost 24 hours since it started testing, other than a few trips to the service bay. Will know more in a few hours.

If it is in the service bay to be prep for service, Wed could be the day it sees service. I will say Tues-Friday is when you will see it in service if there is no issues during testing. Been a long time for a car to go into service 8 days after arrival, let alone 10 days. 4511 was 11 days. 4510 was 15 days which is the norm these days.

4513 is still not tracking at this time and haven't heard if 4514 or 4515 was off loaded today.

Just saw 4512 turn out my window, it looks good.

Last edited:

Don't think it will be Wednesday, as it just went on a big test run, from Leslie Barns to Humber, Humber to Shaw, Shaw to Humber, and its currently still testing. 4513 is also testing tonight.

4514 just came off at Hillcrest...4515 is next due. 4516 is en route in Northern Ontario, and 4517 is ready to ship at Thunder Bay.

CN handed 4572 to CP overnight, so its delivery is also imminent.

We have bunching going on, and they haven't even arrived yet! Gonna be a busy break-in workload, just as the holiday approaches.

- Paul

We have bunching going on, and they haven't even arrived yet! Gonna be a busy break-in workload, just as the holiday approaches.
Sadly for some, I expect there'll be a lot of pressure during the holidays to break-in and put new cars in service, so they can meet the in-service requirement for 2018. Which by count, would need 4519 along with 4571 and 4572 in service by New Year's.

It's possible that all those vehicles will be en route, or even parked on flatcars somewhere in the GTA by New Year's. But I don't see how they'll have them in-service. Meanwhile, I spotted 4513 running along Upper Gerrard last night.

If TTC can get the cars back down to the 8-10 from arrival to service, let the math tell you when a car will be in service. Currently about 15 days this year with a few being less and the rest about it or more.

4512 is being prep for service and the next time it leaves the yard in the next few days, it will be in service. 4513 could see service around Dec 17. It has been sitting on the outbound track for some hours and done very little testing so far to the point it will enter service after Dec 17 at this time.

With 4514 off loaded today, we may see it in service by Dec 20. We may see 4515 about Dec 21. 4516 could see service around the 25th, along with 4572 that week, depending when they arrive. 4517 will not show up until about Dec 18 and maybe in service by the 28th. These are guess dates as everything depends when cars are off loaded, but most of all, no issues arise during testing and doing a 10 day turn around. The longer it takes to test the cars, less cars making to service this year. So, 4518, 4519 and 4571 may show up by year end, don't expect they will be off loaded then, since the last day is the 21, unless CP willing to ship cars on the 27, 28 and 31.

From CEO December Report:

The first streetcar assembled at the Bombardier plant in Kingston, Ontario was approved for shipping to TTC and is scheduled to arrive by the end of December 2018. Projections indicate that Kingston will supply two new streetcars in 2018. With the improvement of production quality and frequency in Thunder Bay, the delivery of this first car would send a positive signal that Bombardier could possibly recover and meet its original commitment of 204 new streetcars by the end of Q4 2019.

From CEO December Report:

The first streetcar assembled at the Bombardier plant in Kingston, Ontario was approved for shipping to TTC and is scheduled to arrive by the end of December 2018. Projections indicate that Kingston will supply two new streetcars in 2018. With the improvement of production quality and frequency in Thunder Bay, the delivery of this first car would send a positive signal that Bombardier could possibly recover and meet its original commitment of 204 new streetcars by the end of Q4 2019.
Not holding my breath that we will see 85+ cars in 2019. Well, one car ship from Kingston close to 6 week late and no sign of the 2nd one yet. 4518 maybe the last car this year. Seeing them and having them in operation are two different things. Then it will be mid-late 2020 before TTC has full use of the 204 once the last reweld car is return and burn in.

Back