News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

In the mean time while we wait for the new Flexities to arrive, if anyone is interested in seeing a streetcar literally being held together by duct tape, keep on the lookout for 4122. On the left side there is about a nice 2-3 metre strip of tape that is patching over a significant crack formed by rust.

Bombardier should send over some more tape while they're at it.

EDIT: I was out and about again tonight and guess what I saw. I think some of the tape actually came off since the last time I saw it. All I had was my garbage phone camera this time around
IMG-20160419-00755.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20160419-00755.jpg
    IMG-20160419-00755.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 819
Last edited:
Great. Our bus fleet has had a lot of issues with rusting frames. I hope we aren't about to have the same issues with the LFLRV.

I would assume that a majority of the shell material for the new streetcars are made with hardend plastic sealed with rubber-like material, rather than one giant piece of metal like the old streetcars. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

I believe it is. If you look at photos of 156393 and 158091 there are some small differences between those and the new one - particularly in terms of label placement. I can't quite make out the number though.

Here is a clearer photo of the new flatbed car (Chris Drew's Twitter)
IMG_20160419_220402.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160419_220402.jpg
    IMG_20160419_220402.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1,081
Great. Our bus fleet has had a lot of issues with rusting frames. I hope we aren't about to have the same issues with the LFLRV.

I would assume that a majority of the shell material for the new streetcars are made with hardend plastic sealed with rubber-like material, rather than one giant piece of metal like the old streetcars. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

Oops, for some reason I thought you were saying that an LFLRV was running around with duct tape on the side. Didn't cross my mind that 4122 was a CLRV, and I didn't see the image for some reason (didnt load maybe?)

Bombardier should send over some more tape while they're at it.

They should reimburse the TTC for duct tape expenses on top of all the other costs incurred by their lateness. Though on a more serious note, if we've reached the point where duct tape is one of the last things keeping these old clunkers in one piece, then this is really getting ridiculous.

They should reimburse the TTC for duct tape expenses on top of all the other costs incurred by their lateness. Though on a more serious note, if we've reached the point where duct tape is one of the last things keeping these old clunkers in one piece, then this is really getting ridiculous.

I don't think that we will need to worry about that for too much longer. There's a rumour going around that Bombardier and the TTC have come to an agreement regarding the work to keep the Cs in service.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I don't think that we will need to worry about that for too much longer. There's a rumour going around that Bombardier and the TTC have come to an agreement regarding the work to keep the Cs in service.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

May not bode well overall though. If they agree to pay for rebuilds TTC may have agreed to relax on some of the delivery timelines as well....and another schedule! YAY!!!!

May not bode well overall though. If they agree to pay for rebuilds TTC may have agreed to relax on some of the delivery timelines as well....and another schedule! YAY!!!!

Doesn't quite sound like that. This would be more to start to cover the cost of all of the penalties that the TTC was trying to award against Bombardier.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Here is a clearer photo of the new flatbed car (Chris Drew's Twitter)
View attachment 73335
4419 only left Thunder Bay last night ( April 19th), on CP train420. GO 327 got shipped out separately. Update provided by Bryan Martyniuk, CRO contributor from Thunder Bay.

Attachments

• cr TTC 4419 at E yd (1).jpg
    cr TTC 4419 at E yd (1).jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 219
Spadina will need 15 cars the whole summer as the 510C to King wouldn't operate until fall. 7 cars are needed for the 509. 22 total.

4419 (#18) would enter service very late April or early May.
Assuming 4420 (#19) shows up by the end of the month, that would enter service in mid May.
If only 2 more show up in May, 4422 (#21) would enter service in mid June.
4424 (#23) wouldn't enter service will at least mid July for the 514 Cherry.

This assumes that they can deliver two a month which we highly doubt. What did Brad Ross say? 10 cars are needed for the 514? Yeah, no new cars for the 511 till 2017 at this rate. They'll probably deliver the 60th car in 2019.

Back