News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

TTC 4428, the 28th Flexity tram, is on its way from Thunder Bay as of Sunday, December 4th, 2016. Here it is on Friday morning, December 2nd, 2016, waiting for pickup from the Bombardier plant, by the CP switcher. This image was taken from Neebing Avenue, looking south through the open gate. Bryan Martyniuk photo with permission.

Just under 4 weeks to deliver 2 more streetcars. Bombardier might actually pull it off and keep to their new schedule.

If they do by some miracle pull it off, then the ordering 60 extra vehicles conversation going to come sooner than some anticipated.
They might actually get all 30 of them in service by the end of the year and meet their latest commitment they said this past April. It would mark the first time they didn't lie and actually gave a realistic number. It seems like they are still on schedule for deliveries. We'll see if 4429 would be delivered by the end of this week and 4430 the week after. There's enough days for them to complete their 600km run before the end of the year. Not sure if the TTC works Christmas but the boxing week is less congested allowing them to do more of their runs in the daytime.

The real question is how much work would be done in January.

Just to recap, here's the track record for the last five cars delivered. I omitted 4402 as it likely didn't progress down the line quite the same way as these recent fabrications. These are out-of-factory dates rather than on-TTC-property dates.

4423 21-Jul-16
4424 03-Sep-16 - 44 days
4425 01-Oct-16 - 28
4426 22-Oct-16 - 21
4427 25-Nov-16 - 34 (4402 was delivered in this period also, which accounts for the added time)
4428 04-Dec-16 - 9

This is definitely trending in the right direction. Let's hope it sustains. As noted, sustained performance means not just a heroic dash to the year end, but a good solid continued delivery pace right from New Years into 2017.

- Paul

They might actually get all 30 of them in service by the end of the year and meet their latest commitment they said this past April. It would mark the first time they didn't lie and actually gave a realistic number. It seems like they are still on schedule for deliveries. We'll see if 4429 would be delivered by the end of this week and 4430 the week after. There's enough days for them to complete their 600km run before the end of the year. Not sure if the TTC works Christmas but the boxing week is less congested allowing them to do more of their runs in the daytime.

The real question is how much work would be done in January.
If TTC get 4428 by Dec 10, it should/could be in service by Dec 19. 4429 is supposed? to be ready to be ship by Dec 10, meaning TTC could see it around Dec 17 and could be in service Dec 27.

4430 maybe ship the week of Dec 17-24 and be at Hillcrest by Dec 30 to meet the promises of 30 cars this year. Would not be in service until about Jan 10 or sooner, depending on delivery and holiday testing. This is the unknown car if it will make it here this year. Delivery will also be in the hands of CP as well.

As for January, we may see one car depending on 4430, but to meet the 2017 schedule, it will have to be a car a week with the odd 2 week here and there unless there is an increase number for 2017 delivery schedule.

By the end of 2017, TTC riders will see the new cars showing on a few more lines than today. 514 is to have 10 in 2017 and that will be first, with 509 being fully done next.

If TTC get 4428 by Dec 10, it should/could be in service by Dec 19. 4429 is supposed? to be ready to be ship by Dec 10, meaning TTC could see it around Dec 17 and could be in service Dec 27.

4430 maybe ship the week of Dec 17-24 and be at Hillcrest by Dec 30 to meet the promises of 30 cars this year. Would not be in service until about Jan 10 or sooner, depending on delivery and holiday testing. This is the unknown car if it will make it here this year. Delivery will also be in the hands of CP as well.

As for January, we may see one car depending on 4430, but to meet the 2017 schedule, it will have to be a car a week with the odd 2 week here and there unless there is an increase number for 2017 delivery schedule.

By the end of 2017, TTC riders will see the new cars showing on a few more lines than today. 514 is to have 10 in 2017 and that will be first, with 509 being fully done next.
Agree that CP might take their time. Hope it actually arrives before the holidays.

The 509+510+514 fully converted would need 29 in AM and 30 in PM assuming 2 of the 514 peak cars would directly head over to the 510 instead of 2 new cars dispatched from Leslie. 508 CLRVs used to do this before 510 was converted. Give it 20% spare (6 cars) and 4 cars for training would mean at least 40 cars are needed for all 3 lines to be fully converted. TTC is saying Q2 2017 for full conversion on the 514. I would assume this would be the board period starting May 7, 2017. Deliveries should be in the mid 4440's then. This would be the time 511 gets them and would continue till end of July. Both 509 and 511 would be running new cars by CNE with 505 getting them if the roll out schedule haven't been changed. If they only deliver 40 cars net year, I don't think the 501 would see any till early 2018. TTC councilors on the board have required an update roll out schedule last meeting. Hopefully we'll see that soon.

4427 is 18-48 hours from going into service.

Going north on Parliament as a dot until it hit Gerrard where it became a arrow as for in service. Heading westbound on Carlton at Yonge at this time.

Up to 4402, never notice the in service arrow being use on the 506 during testing.

TTC crew finishing up on 4427 and wait the arrival of 4428 by Friday for the next round of testing.

May was my time line for full conversion of 509, 510 and 514, with roll out to 511 or what every route TTC has decided to go with next. Would be nice to see a few cars on other routes in late 2017.

I've noticed on Queen East in the beaches that wheelchair cut outs are no where near the current stops in some cases. When does the TTC relocate the stops ?

I've noticed on Queen East in the beaches that wheelchair cut outs are no where near the current stops in some cases. When does the TTC relocate the stops ?
You will find these cuts at various locations around the system that are not at current stop locations. I guess it will be the ""Surprise"" relocation in 2017 once things are finalizes with ward councilors.

I have been waiting for a few relocations for almost a year since the cuts were installed. Some may happen when the new cars start getting roll out to various routes. 514 have a number of plan relocation stop cuts in place, but 504 doesn't have cars yet. Maybe when 514 is fully new cars that the stops will be relocated.

4427 didn't even go out until 4:30pm. @FlexityTracker is not very accurate. Noticeably 4402 wasn't mention at all.
4402 southbound on Spadina at College.

4427 heading westbound on King at Bathurst at this posting

4427 was heading to 506 at 4:58 pm

4427 didn't even go out until 4:30pm. @FlexityTracker is not very accurate. Noticeably 4402 wasn't mention at all.

Oh well, as long as 4427 is out doing something that's good. You're right about 4402, I didn't notice that omission on Twitter.

4402 southbound on Spadina at College.

4427 heading westbound on King at Bathurst at this posting

4427 was heading to 506 at 4:58 pm
It actually went south on Church and west on King. All the tall builds affects the GPS plus it was stuck at Spadina/King for a while. It's earlier trip was made all the way to High Park loop via college. Both ways it detoured via Ossington, Dundas and Bathurst before heading down Church.

It sat at Roncy for a while and has headed down to Long Branch. Now it's just running back and forth there.

I saw 4404 running on the 504 line last night. I wasn't aware they were on that line yet -- is this new?

Back