News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Routes 72 and 172 got to Cherry before that, going back years.

I was referring however, to routes serving the West Donlands, which are bordered on the west by Cherry. They'd have been better by a route along Front. Or at a minimum, down Cherry, and then a long loop up to River, and back west on King from River/King - which is similar to the earlier proposals.
Yes, it would have been better and the local folk have pressed, and continue to press, for the 121 to be extended from Cherry to Bayview. It is anticipated that as a few more building open in West Don Lands that this will happen as it is fairly simple to do.

Yes, it would have been better and the local folk have pressed, and continue to press, for the 121 to be extended from Cherry to Bayview. It is anticipated that as a few more building open in West Don Lands that this will happen as it is fairly simple to do.
It maybe simple, but adds time to a traveler trip not wanting to go there in the first place.

Is the goal to move more riders faster or to service a few ppl with a shorter trip and force other to a longer trip???

It maybe simple, but adds time to a traveler trip not wanting to go there in the first place.

Is the goal to move more riders faster or to service a few ppl with a shorter trip and force other to a longer trip???
@drum118 extending the 121 east from Cherry to Bayview is not likely to extend many people's trips as I have very seldom seen any passengers getting on the 121 east of Berkeley Street. If it were extended it would add less than 5 minutes to the schedule but would serve people living at east side of West Don Lands much better. A far bigger problem with the 121 is the delays the bus experiences on Front from Simcoe to Yonge - mainly eastbound - due to minimal parking control and to the decision not to put a stop AT Union Station because it would mean taking over a few of the many drop-off spots or moving a "Bixi-Bike" station..

I've lost track (pardon the pun). With 4444 at Hillcrest does that mean that Bombardier is back on schedule?
No, since it was an Aug car and 12 days late.

There are 4 cars due this month with 4445 arriving any day. If all 4 cars are here by the end of the month, then BBD is back on schedule. Until all schedule cars due per month have arrived at Hillcrest, only then is BBD on schedule.

Based on the last few cars, how much finishing work taking place here to complete the cars?

Based on the last few cars, how much finishing work taking place here to complete the cars?
Typically its just adding the Presto readers and the fare machines as they don't ship with those but it could be possible that Bombardier is maintaining a crew at Lesslie to finish things up to get them out on the street faster. It makes sense to me that they could be doing that after all, they are flying the worlds largest cargo plane back and forth from Europe and Thunder Bay or Toronto to deliver parts for them.

Last edited:

Back