News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Just a little thing. While the new streetcars will have larger windows than the current fleet, why were the interior lights on? Wouldn't the daylight flooding in make keeping the interior lights a bit redundant? Why not use photo sensors that will turn the interior lights on when it gets dark or in tunnels or underpasses? Unless they continue to use fluorescent tubes for lighting, LED tubes don't need ballasts (no hum), use less electricity turning on, and last much longer (still more expensive though, but will go down in price over the years).

Roughly 3weeks ago, in the early wee hours of Sunday around 3am (heading back home from a party) saw TTC folks testing out the new Streetcar at Dundas Square, right where the theatre is. It looked soo gorgeous! too bad, my cellphone was dead, couldn't snap a pic. I'll be prepared for such an encounter next time though :p

Which is exactly why I called for the elimination of some stops. Sheesh...

Removing transit stops have nothing to do with eliminating stop requests. They are not related and have to be treated as such unless you plan on removing all mid-block stops which I assume you would like to happen.

It's also not like bunching won't happen so there are other reasons outside of rush hour that might dictate not stopping at every stop.

You're also wrong about lower frequencies.

Last edited:
It's in Ottawa.

9407483317_5dfa5a4f7e.jpg

From Flickr.

I thought so. But when did the UFO land on it? ;)

Don't worry about that. We sent some MIBs to take care of it. It's apparently inhabited by an alien race, often referred to as "politicians", who are designed to destroy anything that is good about public transit.

Does anyone know if there was a test run last night (Sep 9) or if one is planned in the next few days? There was a new LRV outside the Hillcrest barn last night.

Has the TTC "officially" approved the order for 204 Bombardier Flexity Outlooks yet? Or do we have to wait for the commission board to approve it (next board meeting scheduled for Wednesday, September 25, 2013)? Would the TTC exercise the option for an additional 60 Outlooks at this time, or will we have to wait?

Has the TTC "officially" approved the order for 204 Bombardier Flexity Outlooks yet? Or do we have to wait for the commission board to approve it (next board meeting scheduled for Wednesday, September 25, 2013)? Would the TTC exercise the option for an additional 60 Outlooks at this time, or will we have to wait?

TTC officially approved the 204 streetcars in their meeting of April 27, 2009 - http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...eetings/2009/Apr_27_2009/Highlights/index.jsp

City council had a special meeting on June 26, 2009 to approve the funding. http://www.ttc.ca/News/2009/June/City_Council_approves_funds_for_TTC_purchase_of_new_streetca.jsp and http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewPublishedReport.do?function=getCouncilMinutesReport&meetingId=3065

As the offer from Bombardier expired on June 27, 2009, I expect the contract was quickly executed.

Back