News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

One of the most important set of faregates for rushed GO passengers during Union construction:

The Union Bay Teamway faregates!

E7720A4B-6641-4A43-B914-A1707BD588BC.jpeg

Sorry, no metropass readers for you, metropass owners!
Time to put your pass on Presto soon(ish).

Attachments

• E7720A4B-6641-4A43-B914-A1707BD588BC.jpeg
    E7720A4B-6641-4A43-B914-A1707BD588BC.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 539
While walking from the south platform at Union to the Streetcar today, pass Brookfield east entrance and a few gates were opening and closing with no one near them.

Another year, need Presto to get around the GTHA and pass the fare gates, as all other fare media than it will be history.

I am still a Presto hold out and walking around with my tokens. Coming home from a boxing event at the ACC (fun event BTW) and to my surprise I crash into fare gate as there was nowhere to put in my token.

I will adapt but I am pretty sure my parents would have no idea how to use a Presto card. The only card they use is their Air Miles card and thank goodness for the auotmatic cashback or they wouldn't know how to get rewards off that.

I am still a Presto hold out and walking around with my tokens. Coming home from a boxing event at the ACC (fun event BTW) and to my surprise I crash into fare gate as there was nowhere to put in my token.

I will adapt but I am pretty sure my parents would have no idea how to use a Presto card. The only card they use is their Air Miles card and thank goodness for the auotmatic cashback or they wouldn't know how to get rewards off that.

once you and your parents get used to it, it will all be fine. in fact you can link their cards onto a credit card so that there will be auto top ups until the card expires. Set and forget for 5 years.

You and they will adapt fast, while PRESTO is not perfect it really works very well and if you set up "automatic refill" it is really painless. If your parents are over 65 they need to buy a Senior Presto card (i.e. have it set as 'senior' - they all look the same). (Easiest place to actually buy one is at a GO station.)

paper tickets will still be available as well if you are really desperate to avoid having a presto card - as will there be an ability to tap your credit card. Though both those options will charge the cash fare.

paper tickets will still be available as well if you are really desperate to avoid having a presto card - as will there be an ability to tap your credit card. Though both those options will charge the cash fare.
But fare collectors, since they’re being phased out, won’t be able to sell the paper tickets as they’d’ll be Paper Presto “Cards” sold by the Presto Vending Machines. The Customer Serice Agents could help you use the machines, but won’t make the transaction for you if you just give them cash (at least I don’t think so).

Reactions: DSC
Brookfield Rotunda
Brookfield Rotunda.jpg
North-east
north fare east.jpg
North-west
north fare line west.jpg
South-east
south fare line east.jpg
South-west
south fare line west.jpg

Attachments

• Brookfield Rotunda.jpg
    Brookfield Rotunda.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 520
  • north fare east.jpg
    north fare east.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 458
  • north fare line west.jpg
    north fare line west.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 999
  • south fare line east.jpg
    south fare line east.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 500
  • south fare line west.jpg
    south fare line west.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 483
What's with the TTC and their 'open look' for ceilings of late?

Are they going to finish this ceiling? Guesses? Anyone know? Some stations have been left this way for over a decade now.

Cheaper to use black paint than to put in a suspended ceiling. Less chance of vandalism as well.

Back