News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This is handled very poorly. Nobody was directing people anywhere and at St Clair there was nobody telling people that there are no southbound trains. So people kept waiting for a southbound train because trains kept going out of service.

Horrible communication.
The only time the TTC's communication has been adequate in my lifetime was when Andy Byford was in charge.

The only time the TTC's communication has been adequate in my lifetime was when Andy Byford was in charge.

The thing about Andy. TTC communication certainly wasn't perfect in his time, he was handed a creaking, problematic system....

BUT, he cared. He saw it as a personal mark of pride to take responsibility whenever things went wrong and to mitigate them and try to right them.

You know, if he'd been at HQ or City Hall and this happened, he would have been on scene within 30M, and observing how things were being managed, and if he didn't like it, he'd change it.

No one will expect Rick Leary to be anywhere near this; and assuming he's even heard about it, it was probably seen as a good reason to just leave the office, and go hide and duck the media and the public.

Ha, when it rains: (current)

1682449900521.png

Anyone have an update on the afternoon rush?

My gut feeling is that they will not even attempt to restore service for the afternoon rush and work on restoring it for the morning.

I'm a transit geek and I don't know what the GO for TTC fare protocol is.
Assuming you have Presto, can you exit the subway and just walk onto a GO Train? How far can you go?

Basically you can fill the gap of the outage using GO (or in some cases UPexpress).

For example, if someone jumps at Broadview you can take the GO from Union to Danforth for no charge.

You can't go from Agincourt to Mimico for free because the subway is out at Dundas.

You don't tap your presto card as long as you go between the designated stops.

Note that this isn't always a thing and it's best to await word from TTC or GO before doing this.

Basically you can fill the gap of the outage using GO (or in some cases UPexpress).

For example, if someone jumps at Broadview you can take the GO from Union to Danforth for no charge.

You can't go from Agincourt to Mimico for free because the subway is out at Dundas.

You don't tap your presto card as long as you go between the designated stops.

Note that this isn't always a thing and it's best to await word from TTC or GO before doing this.
I believe you but is there any documentation for this? I went from dundas west to union with go and tapped my card (since I didn't think the inspectors would care about the tweet)
Go didn't want to refund my fare despite tapping on the ttc first. I didn't have any paperwork to prove the protocol even existed aside from name

"Reverse GO protocol"--can we make that standard operating protocol?
I don't even understand how this works. So use GO out of Union instead of TTC. But pay TTC fare. How? Do they expect people to walk into TTC Union and tap, and then walk out again to GO Union?

Last edited:
I don't even understand how this works. So use GO out of Union instead of TTC. But pay TTC fare. How? Do they expect people to walk into TTC Union and tap, and then walk out again to GO Union?

From what I understand after talking to Anne-Marie Aikens years ago, there is no tapping involved.

Basically you just need to explain the situation.

Back