News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Of note on the TTC fire/mess:

One, based on Jack's BlogTO story, there's a Young station somewhere.........

Two, Line 2 Trains are also bypassing the station though operating through, so Line 2 passengers will require to board at St. George, Bay or Sherbourne.

Last edited:
Of note on the TTC fire/mess:

One based on Jack's BlogTO story, there's a Young station somewhere.........

Two, Line 2 Trains are also bypassing the station though operating through, so Line 2 passengers will require to board at St. George, Bay or Sherbourne.

I'm surprised they don't isolate Yonge Station from Bloor temporarily.

Yonge station has a separate exit to Yonge Street and with a few well placed barricades they could restrict access to Line 1.

I suspect however having one entrance in and out of Yonge Station would present fire code and crowd control issues.

I'm surprised they don't isolate Yonge Station from Bloor temporarily.

Yonge station has a separate exit to Yonge Street and with a few well placed barricades they could restrict access to Line 1.

I suspect however having one entrance in and out of Yonge Station would present fire code and crowd control issues.
Way too many confused and dumb people to be able to herd them out one single far platform exit like that.

What I do not understand is when something as significant as a fiery explosion the TTC is not putting messages on the PA system to alert people about finding other ways around. During my train ride from Finch to York Mills I only heard the alert once! Most people probably brushed off the message as a minor delay that will clear up soon as most are under the premise that the TTC Cries Wolf far too many times when it comes to delays and shuttle buses ordered. Thank goodness I decided to browse this thread and change my travel plan.

Addendum: No alerts displayed on the platform or station fare gate area displays.

Last edited:
What I do not understand is when something as significant as a firery explosion the TTC is not putting messages on the PA system to alert people about finding other ways around. During my train ride from Finch to York Mills I only heard the alert once! Most people probably brushed off the message as a minor delay that will clear up soon as most are under the premise that the TTC Cries Wolf far too many times when it comes to delays and shuttle buses ordered. Thank goodness I decided to browse this thread and change my travel plan.
This is handled very poorly. Nobody was directing people anywhere and at St Clair there was nobody telling people that there are no southbound trains. So people kept waiting for a southbound train because trains kept going out of service.

Horrible communication.

TTC alerts says to use the streetcar lines instead
Well, I suppose they COULD run them from St. Clair to College ... :)

This is the first time I recall hearing of them turning at College (probably because I never noticed before). I guess this means they've finally finished reinstalling the cross-over!

Back