News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Some more photos from Doors Open. The Danforth garage was somewhat disappointing unless you haven't seen the buses before.
I'd have thought the biggest attraction would be inside the building - though I don't know how much of the original 1910s car house remains. Perhaps just the offices fronting on Danforth?

I'd have thought the biggest attraction would be inside the building - though I don't know how much of the original 1910s car house remains. Perhaps just the offices fronting on Danforth?
Maybe I missed something but all I remember seeing (aside from some old photos) was the subway platform emergency switch, and some track worker lighting (the led flares) with a nice guy to explain any questions you had

Maybe I missed something but all I remember seeing (aside from some old photos) was the subway platform emergency switch, and some track worker lighting (the led flares) with a nice guy to explain any questions you had

Doesn't look you missed much based on this youtube:

It is all storage. I didn’t expect them to open it. This isn’t a big garage like the modern ones. I see 1/8th of the garage parking was opened up. You could see the parking painted lanes on the floor inside.

I visited Danforth Garage about 10 years ago. It was a short visit, but I don’t remember anything too spectacular. That’s why I was actually surprised it was a spot this year.

I wish they opened up leslie barns!
They had an open house the year it open as there wasn't much there yet.

Since its the main one and with Russell being redeveloped, it will be a few years before there is another open doors for it.

TTC to sing out for Pride

May 30, 2023

The sounds of Pride will fill subway stations throughout June, with the iconic TTC three-tone announcement chime to be performed by Singing Out, Toronto’s largest Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Questioning, Intersex and Asexual (2SLGBTQQIA+) community choir.

The TTC has partnered with Singing Out to produce three versions of the chime, to be played before all station and platform announcements. A special Pride jingle sung by the choir will also greet TTC customers throughout the day.

A specially wrapped bus will also feature on the 94 Wellesley route with Pride-themed artwork, ‘The Right to Love’ – aimed at creating a more inclusive and diverse community through acceptance and equality. A second wrapped bus will also operate on various routes, along with a Pride wrapped Wheel-Trans vehicle.

The Progress Pride Flag will be raised at the TTC’s head office at 1900 Yonge St., outside Davisville Station, as well as at the TTC’s Hillcrest Complex.

During the Pride Toronto festival weekend from June 23-25, the TTC will have a booth at the StreetFair, and an eBus in the Trans and Dyke marches and the Parade.

Internally, a campaign to celebrate Pride will also run at TTC work locations, featuring printed posters and digital/web messages.

The TTC is proud to celebrate its employees and customers this Pride month, and continues to work hard to create a diverse and inclusive organization for all Torontonians.

Quotes:

“Pride Month is an opportunity to celebrate the contributions of 2SLGBTQ+ communities to the social, cultural, political and economic fabric of our city. I'd like to thank the TTC and Singing Out for working together on this fun initiative, and for bringing the sights and sounds of Pride to transit stops across Toronto. As Deputy Mayor, I am proud to represent a city which embraces and celebrates its diversity, and understands - above all - that love is love.”
- Deputy Mayor Jennifer McKelvie (Scarborough-Rouge Park).

“On behalf of the Board, I’d like to thank the team who worked to put this year’s Pride campaign together. Diversity and inclusion are very important to the TTC, and we want to ensure that all customers and employees feel represented, welcomed and valued on public transit.”
- Councillor Jon Burnside (Don Valley East), TTC Chair

“The TTC is proud to celebrate Pride Toronto with the 2SLGBTQQIA+ community, and we are especially pleased to showcase the talented Singing Out choir in our stations. At the TTC, we are committed to building a more equitable and inclusive transit system. We have done a lot of good work, but we know there is still more to do, and we are committed to continuing to address discrimination in all its forms.”
- Rick Leary, TTC CEO

"Singing Out is excited to be part of the TTC’s Pride campaign this year. We are Toronto’s largest 2SLGBTQQIA+ choir and it is a huge honour to be bringing our sound into the TTC. This creative sound takeover is a great way to celebrate our 30 years of singing with pride in Toronto and we are grateful for this amazing opportunity."
- Noah Witenoff (he/him), Vice President, Singing Out

Last edited:
Reactions: DSC
In other news:

AoD

That was an expensive large firework! That's powerful enough to kill someone. Even more disturbing and sickening, TTC has confirmed more incidents in which fireworks were set off inside transit vehicles! :mad:

Only 14 years old and smiling! What the hell is going on with these kids? Chronic TikTok brain rot?

That was an expensive large firework! That's powerful enough to kill someone. Even more disturbing and sickening, TTC has confirmed more incidents in which fireworks were set off inside transit vehicles! :mad:

Only 14 years old and smiling! What the hell is going on with these kids? Chronic TikTok brain rot?

Kids were really stupid before tiktok, I believe there were a lot of stupid incidents in the 80's involving teens on the TTC

Back