News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The fares went up on Monday - do you really expect to see new buses on the street with new drivers hired by Wednesday?

Considering that Byford literally said "the improvements will be felt immediately" when this was released to the press yes I do.

Obviously there is a plan already with the service changes. It's not complicated to add buses to routes and change schedules, and they've had months to do it.

Well, they've already started rolling out the self-driving buses ...

[video=youtube;k6-IHGDJr_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6-IHGDJr_s[/video]
It is a prototype bus using technology reversed-engineered from Google (because the TTC can't afford the real thing).

New wall panels have gone up at York Mills Station. They are similar to those at St. Andrew except in green. Kind of gives an idea of what King Station used to look like.

It's been renamed to "Yo Station". I like it. It's... Unique.

jU9TJ9b.jpg

Obviously there is a plan already with the service changes. It's not complicated to add buses to routes and change schedules, and they've had months to do it.

It's very complicated when they don't have enough buses for rush hour service every day.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Perhaps they should not have promised so much while hiking fares then.
The operating budget that was released in January was pretty clear when service would change.

It's no secret that they aren't any more buses available for peak. But we will see some immediate impacts. Already child fares are gone. And they've already announced off-peak service changes and increased peak subway service in the next board that starts later this month.

Still, I'm not sure how one expects increases in rush hour bus service, given they are already don't have enough buses to run all the service, because of the Ford/Stintz screw-up.

Its on a track so all you can do is go forward. I have done something similar years ago when I visited centre island. :)

trip-to-centreville-1.jpg

Attachments

• trip-to-centreville-1.jpg
    trip-to-centreville-1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 811
The man-child in me would love to be able to try out that Flexity simulator for a day. I've been itching to be able to drive a streetcar since I was a toddler. ;)

Volunteer with the HCRY. One of the many things that they need volunteers for is to operate the streetcars.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

From Brad Ross:

https://twitter.com/bradTTC/status/575011516694589440

Check out the latest #TTC Ride Guide cover! Called "Gears," it's the creation Toronto artist Runt.

B_rZ7WnU8AEz04m.jpg

I think this is a great! The TTC used to do more of this in the past and London has a great tradition of supporting local artists by having them create posters. Hopefully we see more of this in the future!

Attachments

• B_rZ7WnU8AEz04m.jpg
    B_rZ7WnU8AEz04m.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 677

Back