News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Instead of an age, they should display the date of birth on the PRESTO card. If no date, the card user will be charged the full fare. If you want the children's fare (free), student's, or senior's discount fare, the date should be displayed.
Children's PRESTO cards are transferable to any child. Just like adults.

And of course, in reality, who is going to let the 7-year old keep the card. It's in my wallet. And quite frankly, I don't pay attention which child's card I pull out for them, when they need it.

They won't even give a Presto card to a 5-year old ... so I use a card for an older child, for them to walk through the barrier at a subway station (in the old style with turnstiles, they just duck underneath).

They should have a hole in the PRESTO card for the latch-key kids. Unfortunately, with the current cards, punching a hole could mess up the electronics inside the card.

617n0LDwPdL._SX355_.jpg

Maybe a holder should be supplied with PRESTO cards.

AC9812912_rexel_id_credit_fuel_cardholder_clear.jpg

Maybe a holder should be supplied with PRESTO cards.

The web is filled with Presto (or Oyster) card holders of various colours, types and designs for sale. (Though I agree that selling PRESTO cards with a hole punched would be a good and, I assume, simple, idea.)

The web is filled with Presto (or Oyster) card holders of various colours, types and designs for sale. (Though I agree that selling PRESTO cards with a hole punched would be a good and, I assume, simple, idea.)

I know for a fact that YRT supplies holders. I got one when I walked up to buy a card

I know for a fact that YRT supplies holders. I got one when I walked up to buy a card
Yes, my point was that holders are commonly available. Some agencies who use transit cards either supply cards free (often as a special promotion) or they are available cheaply (e,g. the Montreal Opus card holder costs $2, at many subway stations.) The one I have for my OPUS card was given away free several years ago by, I think, Jean Coutu if you spent over $x. It looks like:

upload_2016-7-12_13-23-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-12_13-23-52.png
    upload_2016-7-12_13-23-52.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,250

I've seen many PRESTO cards with holes punched in them. Keep it away from 1 cm of the edge or anywhere near the chip side (you can see the chip on close inspection) and you're fine. For a while I kept my card inside my phone. It fit perfectly snug under the back cover which you open to access the battery. The ticket inspectors always raised an eyebrow when I tapped my phone during an inspection.

Maybe they could wait until the TTC offers network-wide acceptance of Presto cards, before inventing yet another layer of complexity?

Why press the use of a card that cannot be used on buses, cannot be used at all subway stations, and that requires 1990s era paper transfers between subway and streetcar or bus?

wasnt the motion for an early 2017 adoption? By that time if the sched is on track the entire network wouldve already phased in Presto.

Reactions: rbt
wasnt the motion for an early 2017 adoption? By that time if the sched is on track the entire network wouldve already phased in Presto.
Mostly. Some of the secondary entrances/exits at stations which already have Presto won't be done until mid-2017.

But as they are talking about the new policy going in effect in September 2017, then it shouldn't be an issue for anyone for that reason.

Back