News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I was pleasantly surprised by the number of items that interested me!

The token cuff links are brilliant. Just wish they were a bit cheaper.

Local shop Zinc Cufflinks on Etsy sells them a bit cheaper. I've bought cuff links from Jesse before (a pair with Toronto bedrock), and know others who have too, and he does good work. I suspect the ones being sold by TTC are made by Jesse.

Around me, they just tend to try and salt the laneways to death.

Me too. About three weeks after a big snow storm, a city salt truck will drive up and down our rear lane. For most of the winter, the grade of the lane just rises as we get more snow - people just drive over it.

I noticed today that the older TTC streetcars on the 514 run (which do not have roll signs) now have TWO paper signs. One reads 514 Distillery and one reads 514 Sumach. This is somewhat confusing as the 514 actually goes to Cherry Loop and it is in the TTC schedules as 514 Cherry. I heard one of the old cars with the external speaker yesterday and m pretty sure it said "Five hundred and fourteen Cherry" Yes, we know that Sumach leads to Cherry but visitors will not!

Brad Ross posted these pics of the new paint scheme for buses, which is similar to the new streetcars. It will only be applied to newly-acquired buses, or those that were rebuilt and needed a new paint job.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,381
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 826
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 906
Brad Ross posted these pics of the new paint scheme for buses, which is similar to the new streetcars. It will only be applied to newly-acquired buses, or those that were rebuilt and needed a new paint job.

Who's good at photoshopping? Would be interesting to see the look of the bus with the "normal" amount of dirt. Will make almost all the red disappear.

I noticed today that the older TTC streetcars on the 514 run (which do not have roll signs) now have TWO paper signs. One reads 514 Distillery and one reads 514 Sumach. This is somewhat confusing as the 514 actually goes to Cherry Loop and it is in the TTC schedules as 514 Cherry. I heard one of the old cars with the external speaker yesterday and m pretty sure it said "Five hundred and fourteen Cherry" Yes, we know that Sumach leads to Cherry but visitors will not!

There is no need for any old CLRVs on this route. (That also probably solves wheel screeching at Sumach, but I digress.) Just despatch 6 Flexities and let the King crowd see how many more people fit. It would be a visible and meaningful, permanent step forward. A few CLRVs on 510 won't make a difference for 6 weeks till it can also be run Flexity only too again. The rest of us will have to get used to driving around these 30m behemouths in mixed traffic. Soon enough there will be over 200 on the roads.

What do the newly ordered buses look like? This is just an existing rebuilt and repainted bus right?

Back