News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

What's a P1?

P1 = Priority One.

Someone contacted the front of a subway train. Never a fun situation.

I was involved with one at Warden Station years ago. Something was up, I went to cut the power and by the time I got there the poor woman was 10 feet under the train and the platform was being evacuated.

I work next to Old Mill Station and heading to Warden later. Here's to hoping the Armenians don't get any more ideas.

Or the Libyans. They wanted me to make them a bomb, so I took their plutonium and gave them a bomb casing full of used pinball parts.

That's because there's someone roaming around each Go Train anyways, so they might as well be checking tickets. I believe that each train has three staff - two actually operate the train and one checks tickets and assists passengers, especially those who are handicapped.
The only people that check tickets on go trains are the fare inspectors. They don't do it during rush hour as trains are too crowded to do it. What they do is two of them get on the train at a stop and they check them well the train is in motion one going to each level if a bathroom is locked they will wait until the person comes out before they move on to the next car.

The only people that check tickets on go trains are the fare inspectors. They don't do it during rush hour as trains are too crowded to do it. What they do is two of them get on the train at a stop and they check them well the train is in motion one going to each level if a bathroom is locked they will wait until the person comes out before they move on to the next car.

They absolutely do check during rush hour. I've been checked many times each year, as an occasional rider, on rush hour trains.

They absolutely do check during rush hour. I've been checked many times each year, as an occasional rider, on rush hour trains.

For a frequent rider and the same fare inspector, they'll know each other. The inspector may only do so to indicate they checked somebody on their log.

For a frequent rider and the same fare inspector, they'll know each other. The inspector may only do so to indicate they checked somebody on their log.

Every single time I've seen a fare inspection occur on GO, regardless of peak or off-peak, they've inspected every single person. They don't just pick and choose a few people, nor do they check the majority and omit one or two familiar faces. I've never seen that happen--I've been fare inspected on LSW, LSE, Kitchener, Richmond Hill, and Barrie.

Every single time I've seen a fare inspection occur on GO, regardless of peak or off-peak, they've inspected every single person. They don't just pick and choose a few people, nor do they check the majority and omit one or two familiar faces. I've never seen that happen--I've been fare inspected on LSW, LSE, Kitchener, Richmond Hill, and Barrie.
Me neither, on the TTC it can be a bit different as people ride for shorter distances so they DO have to pick and choose more.

On every GO Train I have been check for fare, every rider is asked for POP. I have seen riders taken off trains to get a ticket or what every.

Been on 2 streetcars where an enforcer is standing at each door asking to see your POP, even on the ALRV.

At Union and Spadina Loop as well St Clair/Yonge, the enforcer are standing there asking each rider for their POP as they get off the car. I have seen enforcers asking for POP on the platforms of GO and TTC as I go by.

I can only speak for One GO line and can't remember the last time I use the Milton line regarding POP since its a blue moon using that line these days.

Perhaps something akin to this:
https://imgur.com/c4Cacex

Obviously it's messy and maybe whether the streetcars should be on there is debatable but something like this will probably be more representative of Toronto's rapid transit options in the early 2020's with fare integration.

Definitely needs the GO RH line.

In my view, dedicated-ROW lines belong there, too -- St. Clair streetcar, Viva rapidway buses, and so on.

Back