News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Apparently there was no way to transfer from the GO train to the 509/511 without paying for entrance to the CNE for it's duration.

"Walk to King Street for the TTC" was the advice offered. I've never had that problem in previous years. That's quite a huge detour.

Apparently there was no way to transfer from the GO train to the 509/511 without paying for entrance to the CNE for it's duration.

"Walk to King Street for the TTC" was the advice offered. I've never had that problem in previous years. That's quite a huge detour.

I simply asked the person at the gate that I wanted to take the streetcar and she let me in.

I observed people asking at the entrance as well, being let through to walk to the TTC loop.

Clearly they knew I was a trouble maker and got me to leave.

During the subway outage today, info was not on the onestop screens. I pinged Brad Ross who said the system where they could inject content to override the screens failed, and they are investigating why.

What I do not understand is why collectors don't have an alert system to advise them to stop people entering the station, especially tight ones like King, when there is no prospect of imminent service.

It was a disaster for TTC - TIFF forced 504 onto Queen Street but Queen was borked by a combination of police/ems at Queen/Yonge and the closure of Yonge north to Shuter (which likely made shuttles pretty hard too). No new signals operational so College and King crossovers no help.

Since the incident happened at Queen, why were Yonge line trains turning back at Bloor even though there's a crossover near College station?

From Matt Elliott on Twitter:

Bwx-I01IcAA3PVc.png:large

Pretty certain this won't happen until the signalling system through that section is fully installed.
Correct. There are three installed but unusable crossovers near St Clair, College and King. Starting to get annoying how long it's been since they've been (re-)installed (at least in King's case, but it was removed because it wasn't powered/tied in to signals.

Back