News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

For Nuit Blanche, is service on lines 1 and 2 free?

I am surprised. When they did work on the ROW at St. Clair west they had passengers disembark at the bottom of the ramp and walk into the station. I recall getting off at a temporary stop at the bottom of the ramp.
Only the westbound did this, as the eastbound was more of a safety issue. I got on/off there as well.

I guess they think safety is a major issue with the new cars on the line to do it again.

Perhaps they are working ON the ramp?
The ramp was done the last time when the station was close. I guess they want no interference at the junction area (straight e/w section). The work is taking longer to do than plan.

So come Nov, no more CLRV's since TTC will have another 4 (102/103) cars in service then. 4500 should/could be on the road in service this weekend and 4501 testing next week. 4502 may show up next week as well and in service by Nov.

Looks like someone wants to be spoon feed for this weekend change.

I guess every 15 minutes from 1:30-8:00 am is not all night service?? Line 3 has never run all night until this year.

"The TTC wants to help customers make the most of the festival and will once again extend subway service on Lines 1, 2 and 3. The subway will run every 10-15 minutes on Lines 1, 2 and 3 from 1:30 a.m. on Sunday morning until regularly scheduled service resumes at 8 a.m."

I misread it. My bad. I saw the 300 and 320 running and was wondering why they would duplicate service on the subway and surface.

Fun fact: I once played the sax with the Shuffle Demons. They were the musical guests for a conference at the Allstream Centre (now Beanfield Centre) when I worked there. Spadina Bus is surprisingly easy to play. I told them I was a fan of the song Spadina Bus and they let me play one song with them while I was working.
Amazing!

The closest I ever got to the Shuffle Demons was when they were walking past me while playing Spadina Bus and I was within arm's reach of the musicians. It was crowded.

So, we all know about bunching and uneven service. But Victoria Park 24 today is something special.

Between A and B service is scheduled as every 5-10M.

The worst headway gap is 26m, while one other area along the route is 22.

A result of 4 different pairs of buses playing married pair, and only 5 singles, one of which is also close to a pair.

What completely indifferent (err non-existent) service management.

Does anyone know whose responsible, in theory, for real-time service management on bus lines?

Is it transit control? Or the divisions?

Is there a way to flag the issue to the TTC in real time? (in the naive hope they care) LOL

So, we all know about bunching and uneven service. But Victoria Park 24 today is something special.

Between A and B service is scheduled as every 5-10M.

The worst headway gap is 26m, while one other area along the route is 22.

A result of 4 different pairs of buses playing married pair, and only 5 singles, one of which is also close to a pair.

What completely indifferent (err non-existent) service management.

Does anyone know whose responsible, in theory, for real-time service management on bus lines?

Is it transit control? Or the divisions?

Is there a way to flag the issue to the TTC in real time? (in the naive hope they care) LOL
Currently as it stands, each bus vehicle division (or garage) is responsible for a set of bus routes. That responsibility includes the deployment of vehicles and route management, however this may apparently change as there have been talks of route management being centralized to one location at TTC Transit Control. The Victoria Park bus is currently managed out of the Birchmount bus garage so they are directly responsible for route management on that route. In theory if you made a complaint about that route, it would be passed on to the garage there. However in practice, I dont know if that actually happens. Generally speaking though, the customer service department is pretty good at addressing complaints for the most part (line management is a different beast though since that's out of their control).

I've also been noticing that line management has seriously degraded over that past couple of months on routes all over the city. The 501 Queen for instance west of Humber has gone back to having streetcars needlessly running in pairs at various points in the day, while the 52 Lawrence West has been an absolute mess from head to toe (even more so compared to the mess it was earlier). Service interruptions have been handled poorly and non-nonsensical decisions have been made unnecessarily. Is it coincidence that all this has been going on under Rick Leary's watch, personally I think not.

Back