News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

52426128_10157393998639239_4987424566528704512_n.jpg

From link.

Starting this week, you may notice new Subway and Streetcar Maps rolling out on subway trains. The new maps show our entire rail network, including streetcars, helping customers to make better connections. Look out for these maps the next time you ride a #TTC train!

The 501 (west of Humber) needs some streetcars period. The TTC has been running less service everywhere due to the rate CLRVs/ALRVs have been dropping, so irrespective of the capacity of the Flexitiies, something needs to be used to pick up and drop off passengers.

Good point. But, that section of 501 (501L) doesn't have as many riders as the main portion of 501, plus always get held up with delays as Kipling Loop, aside from Long Branch, is only way they can turnback cars West of Humber.

Oh man this amazing! I've been wanting this for years. Makes soooo much more sense to display it on the vertical poster space vs the ceiling pocket. From both cartographic and user-friendliness perspectives. That they managed to get the streetcar system on there too is also good.

Oh man this amazing! I've been wanting this for years. Makes soooo much more sense to display it on the vertical poster space vs the ceiling pocket. From both cartographic and user-friendliness perspectives. That they managed to get the streetcar system on there too is also good.

I have one of the original RT maps in this format framed on my wall. They make nice gifts.

Today (the 21st century), we are now considering the streetcars/trams to be a more "upper class" mode of public transit. While the subway is "royalty" class, light rail would be a "nobility" class, trolley buses and electric buses are now "middle" class. Buses however is now the "lower" class of public transit.

Today (the 21st century), we are now considering the streetcars/trams to be a more "upper class" mode of public transit. While the subway is "royalty" class, light rail would be a "nobility" class, trolley buses and electric buses are now "middle" class. Buses however is now the "lower" class of public transit.

Automobile gods, you got what you want!

I wonder if this means something happened with happened with one of the other 2 original manufacturers and their orders (BYD or Proterra), or if it's simply just an expansion of the TTC's pilot testing.

The TTC upped their testing program from 30 buses to 60 buses late last year. Each of the manufacturers are going to be providing 20 buses.

Dan

The TTC upped their testing program from 30 buses to 60 buses late last year. Each of the manufacturers are going to be providing 20 buses.

Dan
Great insight Dan, thanks.

Also great to see that Nova isnt included either since the orders are coming via exercised options; the last thing we need is a 100% NovaBus fleet.

Great insight Dan, thanks.

Also great to see that Nova isnt included either since the orders are coming via exercised options; the last thing we need is a 100% NovaBus fleet.

I am so happy Nova isn't supplying the fleet, because that would suck. I agree. Death to the Orion's and CLRVs/ALRVs shall come...

Back