News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Not TTC specific, but it's those Bombardier doors at it again

I am glad that Byford is the man dealing with this. He dealt with them in Toronto relating to the flexities and is best equipped to deal with this now.

Correct if I am wrong but did Byford also not deal with the door issues on the TR's or was that Webster.

A couple of years ago the TTC started appointing Station Managers whose role is to monitor several stations to ensure they are clean, run smoothly and are safe. Yesterday I was at King Station where I saw Route Diversion notices concerning the Waterfront Marathon - from last October - and directions to the Distillery Christmas Market which closed on 21 December. Ah well!

A couple of years ago the TTC started appointing Station Managers whose role is to monitor several stations to ensure they are clean, run smoothly and are safe. Yesterday I was at King Station where I saw Route Diversion notices concerning the Waterfront Marathon - from last October - and directions to the Distillery Christmas Market which closed on 21 December. Ah well!

Ouch. They still have the Christmas Market notices up at Union as well and the station managers are based there.

As a side note, they still have yet to close the collector booth at St George despite it being on the list for closure January 5th

Ouch. They still have the Christmas Market notices up at Union as well and the station managers are based there.
There are several Group Station Managers - the 2013 announcement said 6 - and I doubt strongly that all are based at Union. (If you are managing a station (or stations) in North York this would, even for TTC, really make no sense! The one based at Union is supposed to supervise St Andrew to Summerhill. . See: https://www.ttc.ca/News/2013/April/0418_group_station_managers.jsp
I see that these Group Station Managers are only the tip of a station management pyramid: (or house of cards?) "The GSMs will oversee teams of duty station managers, station supervisors, janitors and station collectors. This new model includes standardizing the reporting relationships for greater efficiency and response to customer needs." One might have expected a Station Supervisor or even a duty station manager to walk around and remove out of date notices but ....

There are several Group Station Managers - the 2013 announcement said 6 - and I doubt strongly that all are based at Union. (If you are managing a station (or stations) in North York this would, even for TTC, really make no sense! The one based at Union is supposed to supervise St Andrew to Summerhill. . See: https://www.ttc.ca/News/2013/April/0418_group_station_managers.jsp
I see that these Group Station Managers are only the tip of a station management pyramid: (or house of cards?) "The GSMs will oversee teams of duty station managers, station supervisors, janitors and station collectors. This new model includes standardizing the reporting relationships for greater efficiency and response to customer needs." One might have expected a Station Supervisor or even a duty station manager to walk around and remove out of date notices but ....

I meant the supervisory staff for downtown are based out of union. They all congregate in the info booth.

I hope you don't mind................my Twitter handle has borrowed this critique and put it out to @TTChelps to see if that triggers anything.

Reactions: DSC
I'll say this, they certainly answer fast (less than 5 minutes): for you @DSC

(TTC HELPS): "Hi there, these notices may still be up to advise customers that the temporary service increase on specific routes during November and December is no longer in effect. Can you share a photo or location of these notices in King Station? "

I'll say this, they certainly answer fast (less than 5 minutes): for you @DSC

(TTC HELPS): "Hi there, these notices may still be up to advise customers that the temporary service increase on specific routes during November and December is no longer in effect. Can you share a photo or location of these notices in King Station? "
Thanks @Northern Light The one I saw about Waterfront Marathon is at bottom of external stairs from SE corner of King, the one I saw about Christmas Market was nearer collector booth at King and there is also one at St Andrews. They are large (quite fancy!) signs and a photo should not be necessary to recognise them! There may well be more, I just noticed these ones, the Station Manager or Supervisor needs to go walkies! Can you pass along? (What a team we are!!)

Thanks @Northern Light The one I saw about Waterfront Marathon is at bottom of external stairs from SE corner of King, the one I saw about Christmas Market was nearer collector booth at King and there is also one at St Andrews. They are large (quite fancy!) signs and a photo should not be necessary to recognise them! There may well be more, I just noticed these ones, the Station Manager or Supervisor needs to go walkies! Can you pass along? (What a team we are!!)

I copy/pasted w/appropriate tweaks and tweeted back at @ TTCHelps.

Reactions: DSC
@DSC , further response...

From TTCHelps:

"Thanks TrueNorth, I appreciate this detailed information and am sharing it with the team. Have a good rest of the evening ^DM"

I can top that.

20200108_234025.jpg

I haven't been by this month yet, but the notice about streetcars diverting for the Roncesvalles Polish Festival in early September was still on the wall at St. Andrew just prior to New Year's.

Back