News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

There's a very up to date and geographical accurate track diagram on Carto Metro. Recommended!

Here's a screenshot of the area.
Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 17.23.09.png

Art work at Chester Station:

1619565319078.png

The good news is the Mural is really quite attractive; some of the better TTC art in recent years.

The bad news; of course no one thought to change out the lighting to be flattering.

Paris Metro and their general system hands down. A very dense network, beautiful stations, beautiful trains with incredibly ambitious plans to double their network through the Grand Paris Express project. I love how tightly integrated everything is in the system. The Metro, RER, Tramway, Buses, and the Transillien are all fully integrated with each other and are very easy to understand.

Art work at Chester Station:
The good news is the Mural is really quite attractive; some of the better TTC art in recent years.
The bad news; of course no one thought to change out the lighting to be flattering
Great pictures on the artists website (Katherine Harvey) here. Looks really nice, I like the coloured glass at the station entrance!

Hopefully the new wall treatment will actually stick to the colour theme unlike that abomination at Finch. Shame to since to me Finch's old Black, White, and Grey was one of the best colour schemes in the network.
Though I understand the green = Ireland = St Patrick links, the green @ St Patrick was a particularly ghastly shade!

Looks like Line 1 all be ATC 100% this year in operation and able to move to Line 2 to start work there sooner than later

CEO Report
ATC update We continue to move forward with a number of projects. During the final weekend in February, the ATC Construction team working in the York Mills Station area installed the last scheduled cable for the Line 1 ATC project — that’s a total of 575 kilometres of cable installed between Vaughan Metropolitan Centre and Finch stations as part of this ambitious project.

Looks like Line 1 all be ATC 100% this year in operation and able to move to Line 2 to start work there sooner than later

CEO Report
ATC update We continue to move forward with a number of projects. During the final weekend in February, the ATC Construction team working in the York Mills Station area installed the last scheduled cable for the Line 1 ATC project — that’s a total of 575 kilometres of cable installed between Vaughan Metropolitan Centre and Finch stations as part of this ambitious project.

Is there even a budget for the ATC work on Line 2? IIRC the current fleet won't operate with ATC.

Back