39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Another survey out for RapidTO

From the above:

1648217751640.png

1648217785754.png

1648217824077.png

There are "holes" in the public transit network. The Don River are barriers for St. Clair East and Lawrence Avenue East.

High Park, and especially, Swansea, have a "hole" between Bloor Street West (& Jane Street) and The Queensway. We need either a return of the 138 SOUTH KINGSWAY (which was killed by Mike Harris) or extend the 55 WARREN PARK (or 26 DUPONT) south of the JANE STATION on Line 2 to The Queensway via the South Kingsway.

138-south-kingsway-tt2.png
From link.

Thanks for this!

Kind of funny that the King Streetcar Priority Corridor is shown as red. Are they planning on giving it even more priority?

Also noteworthy is the number of red that covers existing transit projects.
- Ontario Line on Queen, Pape, and Don Mills
- SSE on McCowan
- EELRT (unfunded)
- Sheppard Extension (unfunded - also showing the value of extending Line 4 West as well as East)

On concerning note, 10 years of study???

Thanks for this!

Kind of funny that the King Streetcar Priority Corridor is shown as red. Are they planning on giving it even more priority?

Also noteworthy is the number of red that covers existing transit projects.
- Ontario Line on Queen, Pape, and Don Mills
- SSE on McCowan
- EELRT (unfunded)
- Sheppard Extension (unfunded - also showing the value of extending Line 4 West as well as East)

What they mean is that this study only identifies the priority routes (which the TTC has already done, and was unnecessary)...........that upon identifying these routes, each individual route will be studied as it comes up for implementation.

Yes, this is excessive process.

it’s egregious, and those involved should be ashamed at putting forward such a timeline, or be open about why it’s taking so long.

At least on some of the busier routes, putting in dedicated lanes would make a marked improvement in the lives of thousands of commuters daily, many of whom are lower-income, and who Councillors in the city call “heroes” and claim to stand up for.

There are "holes" in the public transit network. The Don River are barriers for St. Clair East and Lawrence Avenue East.

High Park, and especially, Swansea, have a "hole" between Bloor Street West (& Jane Street) and The Queensway. We need either a return of the 138 SOUTH KINGSWAY (which was killed by Mike Harris) or extend the 55 WARREN PARK (or 26 DUPONT) south of the JANE STATION on Line 2 to The Queensway via the South Kingsway.

138-south-kingsway-tt2.png
From link.
Although the route probably wouldnt perform very well, I agree. At the very least, it should be instated as a peak only route again.

Th Sunshine List came out.

How did this operator earn so much?

Municipalities & ServicesMorawskiMartin$313,056.81116.69City Of Toronto – Toronto Transit CommissionOperator

Either this is an error, or there's some very unusual circumstances here. Even with overtime, earning over $300,000.year doesn't make sense. You would have to work 18 hour days, every single day!

EDIT:
ah!

The TTC has been forced to rehire a veteran subway operator it accused of damaging its reputation by getting into a brawl with a security guard at Canadian Tire while wearing his transit uniform.

The violent incident and ensuing three-year legal battle began with pair of hardware store shackles worth $4.29 each, involved a mysterious note left on the windshield of a TTC investigator’s car, and was finally resolved last month when a labour arbitrator concluded 17-year transit employee Martin Morawski hadn’t stolen anything, and ordered him reinstated.

Full details here:

Last edited:
That list is getting absurd. Surely if one wasn't paid for 3 years, the number should be averaged over that period.

But secondly ... $100,000 was a relatively high number when this was set last century. At what point does it become a violation of a person's privacy?

The "sunshine list" was created in 1996 by Mike Harris.The Toronto average home price came in at $198,150 in 1996. There were no iPhones in 1996. There were no iPads in 1996.

Last edited:
That list is getting absurd. Surely if one wasn't paid for 3 years, the number should be averaged over that period.

But secondly ... $100,000 was a relatively high number when this was set last century. At what point does it become a violation of a person's privacy?
As noted in Star: See: https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...mployees-made-more-than-100000-last-year.html

Introduced in 1996 by former Progressive Conservative premier Mike Harris to boost transparency, the $100,000 threshold has never been adjusted for inflation prompting critics to say the exercise is less and less relevant every year.
Successive Liberal and Tory governments, including Premier Doug Ford’s, have refused to index the figure over fears it could cause political problems for them.
“Maintaining the threshold allows taxpayers to do a year-over-year comparison,” said Mullin.
The Bank of Canada inflation calculator shows $100,000 in 1996 would be the equivalent of $157,662 in 2021. Conversely, $100,000 last year was equal to $63,427 in 1996.
And the $15 minimum wage at full-time hours in Ontario is $30,000 annually.

Also, not sure if revealing any public employee's salary is an unnecessary 'breach of a person's privacy'. Though that is certainly arguable! Why can salaries of over $x be revealed and salaries below it not?

Clearly (to me anyway) it makes perfect sense to report what a person was paid in the year under discussion - if not it would be a huge loop-hole by which higher paid people's salaries could be hidden.

Also, not sure if revealing any public employee's salary is an unnecessary 'breach of a person's privacy'.
I agree. I think it's good for transparency and it also lets me know how much money is earned in government jobs... since I'm gonna become a planner after university.

I agree. I think it's good for transparency and it also lets me know how much money is earned in government jobs... since I'm gonna become a planner after university.
Maybe have the salary of the CEO and boards of public corporations, as well as top managers, disclosed as well.

Back