News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

When does this happen and how does it get up to st clair? Sounds like a cool ride to catch from leslie barns.
I'm not sure how often it happens now but they would probbly go up bathurst street from queen. I know both 512 and 509 are asigend to Lesslie. They probbly ahven't done it as often now becuse they have 512 asised to rioncesvale.

It happens every time a car on 512 goes in or out of service. Beginning/end of the rush hours and the beginning and end of service, daily.

512 cars that entered service from Russell or Leslie went via Queen, sometimes King west of the Don Valley, and then up Bathurst, joining the line at St. Clair. The same procedure is true of cars that entered service out of Roncesvalles.

I thought streetcars go to and from the barns in service unlike with a bus. So for example, if a 512 streetcar goes from Lesslie you could actually take it from there to st Clair
I have seen many streetcars out of service for not only 512, but 510, 511 and 509 going to/from routes with no one on them as the driver is not allowing it. I have been on a few 512 on 511 where the driver allow you to stay on or get on at various stops as well off, including Bathurst Loop going north. Been on a few going up to St Clair.

It depends on the driver and their schedule. If drivers using King going in/out of service, picking up and dropping riders off slow them down to the point extra overtime is needed or late going into service.

I have seen many streetcars out of service for not only 512, but 510, 511 and 509 going to/from routes with no one on them as the driver is not allowing it. I have been on a few 512 on 511 where the driver allow you to stay on or get on at various stops as well off, including Bathurst Loop going north. Been on a few going up to St Clair.

It depends on the driver and their schedule. If drivers using King going in/out of service, picking up and dropping riders off slow them down to the point extra overtime is needed or late going into service.
I wonder if the ones that are out of service are run as directed ones that may not have somewhere assigned to them at the tome or may have some issue where they need to go back to a barn/Yard?

This article indicates that the City has bought a property adjacent to the old Obico Yard for use as an electric bus garage.

- Paul

Yup, this is the one I've been hinting at for a bit.

The City isn't pencilling in build-out til the 2030s last I heard.

Lets bring the site image:

1667934657645.png

source: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...kinectrics-and-city-of-toronto-821859376.html

Kinetrics which is staying, is roughly in the middle of the image above.

The buildings at the south are currently Purolater according streetview.

That's where the TTC garage would ultimately go.

I'm not sure what design the City on the buildings north of Kinetrics, but they are also in the deal and not for the TTC.

So i'm assuming Purolator planning on centralizing their Toronto operations to the new hub that was just complete in North Etobicoke?

The current hub is located at a pretty semi-convenient location for some customers so that would be a bit of a shame to lose that access. Location does make sense for a TTC garage though.

I thought the TTC had already leased a new-build warehousing building off the 400? How much space to they need to store crap?

Also, does anyone know if the TTC has calculated the impact of the planned subway projects on their bus needs? I know that the Crosstown and Finch West was supposed to cut the bus fleet by a few hundred buses.. I imagine that the 4 subway projects will also cut bus need fairly significantly as more trips are made on the expanded subway system.

I thought the TTC had already leased a new-build warehousing building off the 400? How much space to they need to store crap?

Also, does anyone know if the TTC has calculated the impact of the planned subway projects on their bus needs? I know that the Crosstown and Finch West was supposed to cut the bus fleet by a few hundred buses.. I imagine that the 4 subway projects will also cut bus need fairly significantly as more trips are made on the expanded subway system.
How many buses were needed for the express service? Is it really hundreds for eglinton and finch west?

Take a look at Steve Munro's site - he has lots of info on bus fleet sizes and ages and % of 'spares'.

Wondering if TTC had issues like a number of US Systems had for their Nova Buses that NovaBus issue a recall on various buses back on Aug 10 regarding the steering system. Supposed to be an 3 hour fix

"Canada-based Nova Bus issued a recall notice Aug. 10 for defects in steering equipment on some buses"

The Crosstown and Finch West were supposed to cut the bus fleet by something like 75 buses each, but those "missing" buses were going to very quickly be brought back for service enhancements elsewhere in the system over the following couple of years.

Of course, that was the plan pre-COVID. It remains to be seen what the increases will actually be like now.

Wondering if TTC had issues like a number of US Systems had for their Nova Buses that NovaBus issue a recall on various buses back on Aug 10 regarding the steering system. Supposed to be an 3 hour fix

"Canada-based Nova Bus issued a recall notice Aug. 10 for defects in steering equipment on some buses"

As was mentioned elsewhere, this was only for aftermarket parts, was sold to only a very limited number of US properties and doesn't affect any Canadian properties.

Dan

Back