News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ask TTC, as they know better and well above my pay grade
I'm not really sure they actually do. Since we haven't heard about anymore buses having cheap plastic seats put in them I hope they have gotten enough negative feedback on it. I think they did on twitter and Facebook when they mentioned it as a test as well.

I agree with @Coolibop that we really have more important fish to fry and, from my experience, plastic seats IF PROPERLY DESIGNED can be perfectly comfortable.
And you really think that's possible? Plastic seats are gross they get sticky in the warmer months, they get sticky if someone spills something on it. They are total crap and don't belong on public transit at all. There is no such thing as a properly designed plastic transit seat they are all awful.

And you really think that's possible? Plastic seats are gross they get sticky in the warmer months, they get sticky if someone spills something on it. They are total crap and don't belong on public transit at all. There is no such thing as a properly designed plastic transit seat they are all awful.
... and, obviously, fabric covered seats are able to magically repel liquids and avoid getting sticky and are easier to clean!

... and, obviously, fabric covered seats are able to magically repel liquids and avoid getting sticky and are easier to clean!
Whatever i still don't get why we need to have them at all and why anyone actually thinks people like them. I don't think that they are nice to sit on and they look cheap because they are.

Irrespective of their ease of cleaning, I have to agree @EastYorkTTCFan all plastic seats are garbage, period.

They are unattractive and uncomfortable and I will never accept the lowest common denominator due to cost/ease etc.

Also a great way to push the "transit is for poor people" mindset I see in a lot of people
Exactly which is why US transit looks so awful they don't care about the people who ride it so it just adds to the mentality that people have that public transit is for people who can't afford a car or are poor.

I think you missed the relevant part about them being comfortable.

I suggest anyone try riding the DRT pulse service to objectively form opinion.
Compared with the older Pulse buses (which use the same model of seat, but with padding and fabric) they are not as comfortable. It does feel like a bit of a downgrade with the unpadded vinyl seats.

Back