News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

With low-floor buses and streetcars, elevators, and better access for most, there is one problem that they create. Better access for the SUV stroller.

1143.jpg

Used to be that I would have to use a folding umbrella stroller for my kids. Easier to get up and down the steps on buses, streetcars, and stairs at subway stations.
UmbrellaStroller.jpg

Unfortunately, these days there seem to be less umbrella strollers being used.

Maybe the TTC should look into tandem wheeled buses. That's two smaller wheels in the front of the bus to create more accessible space on buses.
8f7eb03a.jpg

I never thought I would see the day where the TTC and GO would have a co-fare agreement put in place, due to the stubbornness of Metrolinx. Hopefully they don't stop halfway here and actually continue with the plan for proper fare integration.

I wonder how much of an effect this will have on subway, and 509/510, congestion in the area of Union. Some commuters who previously balked at $6 a day to take the subway a short distance from Union to St Andrew/Osgoode/King/Queen, or the 509/510 to Queen's Quay, might reconsider and start riding for $3 a day.

Obscure question: Are customers permitted to transfer from the 7 Bathurst to Line 1 at St Clair West Station? Will Presto count this as a transfer?

On a common sense basis, you’d think it would count. It is only a minute or two walk from Bathurst to the station. But some overzealous ttc staff might not consider it a valid transfer, since the Bathurst bus doesn’t actually stop at St Clair West

Obscure question: Are customers permitted to transfer from the 7 Bathurst to Line 1 at St Clair West Station? Will Presto count this as a transfer?

On a common sense basis, you’d think it would count. It is only a minute or two walk from Bathurst to the station. But some overzealous ttc staff might not consider it a valid transfer, since the Bathurst bus doesn’t actually stop at St Clair West

It's an official 'walking transfer' so it should count. But can I trust Presto to have this programmed in? I'm not sure.

I would doubt they thought of it, since St Clair West has the Fare Paid Terminal, just like that one bus route at Union that Presto rejects transfers for.
According to TTC website the problem with transfers @ Union for 121 is over. Transfers ARE now accepted there.

Yet another example of the TTC's left and right hands being unconnected.

From Route Diversions Page:

6 Bay - Road closure during Road Work
Route diverting between Front Street and Queens Quay. October 6-10, 2017.

From Service Alerts Page

72 Pape diverting northbound via Bay, Front, Yonge, due to construction at Bay and Queens Quay.
Last updated 6:49 AM

Both caused by same road closure but in different parts of website - presumably someone forgot that 72 would also be affected.

Back