News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Maybe having the TTC free on weekends and holidays would be a good test. The TTC already has the highest non-rush hour use , except for New York City, in North America. Would be even higher if it wasn't for all these weekend subway closures and streetcar replacements with buses.

Maybe they'll should wait until there is less closures.
Which decade or century will that be????? Better tell TTC to have more staff and vehicles in service as well better schedules of service than today ones.

From the TTC website at this link.

Antimicrobial Surface Treatment

"The interior surfaces (of subway cars) are treated with Bombardier’s Antimicrobial Surface Treatment Program. This proven technology helps create a healthier and safer environment for commuters, travelers and employees as it prevents the spread of influenza and other viruses, as well as moulds that deteriorate vehicles and transit facilities."

Assuming by "viruses", that it includes COVID-19.

The anti-microbial coating on stanchions is used on the new streetcars, as well.

Last edited:
Luxembourg is to become the first country to offer a free public transport system, as the government tries to reduce particularly dense car traffic.
Well good for them, but a lot (almost all?) commuters to the jobs in Luxembourg are literally from out of the country. I'm not sure drivers from France or Germany are going to park and ride. The ones who do already use the very expensive commuter rail (think GO Train Fares) which isn't changing. Their internal public transit is a a small operation that carries almost no one. If they want to reduce car traffic maybe they can tell their banks (the only business they have) to open satellite offices across the border, but that would mean they would be subject to stricter foreign regulation which is a non-starter for LUX.

Last edited:
89083560_1071198769910265_1142322470213124096_n.jpg

"The interior surfaces (of subway cars) are treated with Bombardier’s Antimicrobial Surface Treatment Program. This proven technology helps create a healthier and safer environment for commuters, travelers and employees as it prevents the spread of influenza and other viruses, as well as moulds that deteriorate vehicles and transit facilities."

The anti-microbial coating on stanchions is used on the new streetcars, as well.

Perhaps, once they get a better handle on how it is transmitted and it's hardiness.

I was on a streetcar this week and it had no anti-microbial coating on the stanchions. I meant to memorize the number but forgot. Have others seen this?

I was on a streetcar this week and it had no anti-microbial coating on the stanchions. I meant to memorize the number but forgot. Have others seen this?

From link.

How ÆGIS Works

The ÆGIS Microbe Shield® is not a detergent or bleach. It is an antimicrobial surface treatment that creates an inhospitable place for micro-organism such as mold.

The ÆGIS Microbe Shield bonds to treated surfaces, becoming a bed of spikes that puncture the cell wall of microorganisms on contact. It is registered with Health Canada, PMRA, as a surface protection to control and prevent the growth of mold.

Being at the microbe level, of course you can't see it. Unless you are carrying a microscope with you.

Trust me, the Antimicrobial treatment has long worn off those polls (ie: within 12 months of the Toronto Rockets being put into service).

Being at the microbe level, of course you can't see it. Unless you are carrying a microscope with you.

Doesn’t the TTC apply the coating where the red adhesive is on the stanchions? The streetcar I was on had no red adhesive on any stanchions.

Back