News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

He's evasive...........and his reputation (less than stellar) preceded him......
If you're interested - take a look at Leary's retirement from Boston....

There's also some pretty damaging allegations regarding his poor quality TTC work if you look for them online.
One again, it suggests that the Board is asleep at the wheel - the TTC tail wagging the dog...

Last edited:
If you're interested - take a look at his retirement from Boston....

There's also some pretty damaging allegations regarding his poor quality TTC work if you look for them online.
One again, it suggests that the Board is asleep at the wheel - the TTC tail wagging the dog...
They fired Gary Webster for less.

If you're interested - take a look at his retirement from Boston....

I actually liked Andy Byford for what it's worth.

The problem is that the TTC board and City Council want yes men. They want someone who will say "sure, why not let's do this!" all without opposition to their hair brained schemes.

Last edited:
I actually liked Andy Byford for what it's worth.

The problem is that the TTC board and City Council want yes men. They want someone who will say "sure, why not" let's do this!" all without opposition to their hair brained schemes.
"Hair-brained" is the right term! They keep their brains in their hair.

I mean that in a good way I promise

What I liked about Andy Byford is that he has international experience and has worked with much larger transit systems (eg. London) that demand precision and efficiency. Most of the TTC’s past CEOs or GMs have only North American experience and there’s only so many NA cities that have service levels and passenger volume similar to Toronto. With him having experience with London, one has to understand that things need to run like clockwork or you’ll be in serious trouble very quickly.

Sadly, it’s pretty evident that the TTC is sliding back to the pre-Byford era. Regarding Mr. Leary and Boston, I just hope we don’t end up with 10-15min frequencies on the subway network.

Last edited:
Regarding Mr. Leary and Boston, I just hope we don’t end up with 10-15min frequencies on the subway network.

I am pretty sure that idea would die on the table.

The mere suggestion of 10-15 minute headways in Toronto would result in an uproar. That's the sort of thing no politician would get behind lest they want to commit poltical suicide.

I am pretty sure that idea would die on the table.

The mere suggestion of 10-15 minute headways in Toronto would result in an uproar. That's the sort of thing no politician would get behind lest they want to commit poltical suicide.
Well we're already getting 8 minute headways (as of this Sunday) on weekday evenings the Bloor-Danforth line thanks to Leary and his idiots. We're not far off from the 10 min mark.

This era is starting to remind me of the Howard Moscoe/Rich Ducharme/Bob Kinnear one which was an absolute disaster.

Well we're already getting 8 minute headways (as of this Sunday) on weekday evenings the Bloor-Danforth line thanks to Leary and his idiots. We're not far off from the 10 min mark.

This era is starting to remind me of the Howard Moscoe/Rich Ducharme/Bob Kinnear one which was an absolute disaster.

There is a psychological factor to 10 minutes. It strikes most people as being an eternity compared to a 6 minute wait for example.

The TTC could be a great system and very well run but there is far too much political interference. They are hiring yes men, people who want to grandstand and have no credible experience in the role. With the exception of Andy Byford, not many people have been qualified to run the TTC but as I said, he was the victim of political interference.

And they'll blame it all on covid.

Woah, did they change his job title to "consultant?"

Possibly, I'm not sure. Webster had intended to retire anyway (which is why he hired Byford in the first place) so went along with the accelerated transition very quietly.

IIRC, his contracted termination package was higher than just running out the term.

Last edited:
Rob Ford and Doug Ford do not being taught, or being told. Can't change his mind. Can't be educated.

Matlow could've just said "this LRT will not affect traffic lanes and will not operate along streets". He was trying to, but his frustration prevailed. When you talk to people that don't understand how stuff works, you gotta be very simple when you address their lack of knowledge and you gotta be respectful. On the other hand, maybe Rob Ford wouldn't care if he did get an explanation... and would continue to push his populistic plan.

Back