News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The TTC Chair is a part-time job. The TTC CEO is a full-time (plus) job. Steve is retired, so likely will not accept the full-time CEO job.

So much for TTC

OH: Cleveland mayor wants to appoint two riders to RTA board

Yes his contract is up for renewal or be given his walking paper. I posted this a few weeks ago.

Any posting will be done by head hunters or a search team at the request of X, most likely the mayor on the Q T. They will search the market as who may fit TTC needs and then start talking to various people to see if they would be interesting in running TTC. They will also interview them and will submit a list to the requesting party as who may fit the requirement. The requesting party will interview x candidates that may have to do 2 or more interviews before one is hire as the new CEO.

How long has the city been looking for a new police Chief??
His contract presumably is not actually up until mid-2023, if it is actually a 5 year contract, given that he was appointed in July 2018.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/07/09/rick-leary-tapped-for-top-job-at-ttc.html

Where are you getting February 2022 from?

I think I might be tempted to poach Sue Connor from Burlington Transit; she was a driving force behind a lot of the service expansion and ridership growth in Brampton.
As wonderful as she might be - I think Toronto may do better to look a little further than Burlington, given that (at least pre Covid) the TTC was the 3rd busiest system in North America...

I wonder if the TTC could convince Montréal's STM director general Luc Tremblay (highly praised by the Board!) - given he's announced he's leaving STM. Easier to hire a Canadian, I assume.
Lots of movement in the transit world recently ... Vancouver recently hired someone from Maryland, the CEO of WMATA in Washington DC is retiring, Janno Lieber recently was confirmed as MTA Chairman/CEO...

Sorry - you can't have Andy Byford back, he's too busy trying to dig Transport for London out of a £1.9bn Covid hole!

As wonderful as she might be - I think Toronto may do better to look a little further than Burlington, given that (at least pre Covid) the TTC was the 3rd busiest system in North America...

I wonder if the TTC could convince Montréal's STM director general Luc Tremblay (highly praised by the Board!) - given he's announced he's leaving STM. Easier to hire a Canadian, I assume.
Lots of movement in the transit world recently ... Vancouver recently hired someone from Maryland, the CEO of WMATA in Washington DC is retiring, Janno Lieber recently was confirmed as MTA Chairman/CEO...

Sorry - you can't have Andy Byford back, he's too busy trying to dig Transport for London out of a £1.9bn Covid hole!

I appreciate that there are certainly people who run larger systems who may be candidates; but I'd be interested in people with a track record of generating substantial ridership growth, Connor has that.

In fact, I believe she was the top achiever in North America in that regard several years running, she was certainly way up there.

This is a stat from a Brampton in 2019, so just following her last year there, and covers a period in which that system was entirely under her control:

1644536209957.png

Source: https://geohub.brampton.ca/pages/livability-ridership

By contrast, lets look at what happened to WMATA's rail ridership over the same period:

1644536439098.png

But what about bus ridership?

1644536487086.png

I would take the track record of Connor over that ever single time.

Over the same period, STM's results don't appear much better, they reported lower total ridership in 2019 than in 2011.

388 Million riders to 375 million.

Not exactly noteworthy performance.

Noticing sections of concrete around streetcar tracks in very rough shape. It's almost as some of it has been undermined in some way. Other sections large chunks broken off. This winter was harsh, but not extremely harsh.

Feb 6
Looks like 4 more Orion 07.501 NG (2009-2010) have been added to TTC/Police Special Event fleet. Have only seen 2 in the past, but 2 blocking Avenue Road at Queens Park, 2 at College and Dundas St University Ave intersection, Don't if there are more or to be added to the fleet, but better than seeing the scrap yard. Don't if they have numbers, but haven't seen any so far.

TTC A272 Ford Police Interceptor Utility Hybrid AWD Special Constable Was also part of the Barricade at College Along with Toronto Police COMD1 Command Vehicle (2009),
51870009118_93fa69e41c_b.jpg

51870009048_6952b08e22_b.jpg

51870008878_1c001d509c_b.jpg

51870595743_ff69b30efe_b.jpg

51868962357_df8b36d1d7_b.jpg

51871164170_ea233e22a9_b.jpg

Will my Presto work on that events support bus? :p

I'm not sure, but I've heard it will....

but only to turn on the loud speakers and play Verdi operas at an ear-splitting volume, to make the riffraff go away.

The bus doesn't actually move.

LOL

His contract presumably is not actually up until mid-2023, if it is actually a 5 year contract, given that he was appointed in July 2018.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/07/09/rick-leary-tapped-for-top-job-at-ttc.html

Where are you getting February 2022 from?
2023 made more sense to me, considering its usually 5 year contract. But with more people on this site and others saying his Ricks contract is up this month, I figure I'd ask the question.

Looks like we have another year, unfortunately.

Id rather see Steve Munro part of the TTC Board than TTC itself, that way he'll be able to continue being vocal, and get access to information much easier, but more importantly make the TTC more accountable. I find the TTC can take the Board as a joke with how they respond to them. Members on TTC board also don't understand transit enough to properly grill TTC and be a proper oversight. We all know there's no way they'll be able to pull a fast one on Steve. And it was mentioned already, Steve is already retired, making him CEO, a full time position, will give him more stress.

2023 made more sense to me, considering its usually 5 year contract. But with more people on this site and others saying his Ricks contract is up this month, I figure I'd ask the question.

Looks like we have another year, unfortunately.

Id rather see Steve Munro part of the TTC Board than TTC itself, that way he'll be able to continue being vocal, and get access to information much easier, but more importantly make the TTC more accountable. I find the TTC can take the Board as a joke with how they respond to them. Members on TTC board also don't understand transit enough to properly grill TTC and be a proper oversight. We all know there's no way they'll be able to pull a fast one on Steve. And it was mentioned already, Steve is already retired, making him CEO, a full time position, will give him more stress.
Steve has made it known for years that he would not take any position on the Commission if offer to him and prefer to do what he does today.

Even if 2023 is Rick expire date as CEO, doesn't mean he can be replace before then.

Steve has made it known for years that he would not take any position on the Commission if offer to him and prefer to do what he does today.

Even if 2023 is Rick expire date as CEO, doesn't mean he can be replace before then.
I don't think John Tory wants a repeat of 2011 and the Gary Webster fiasco. TTC would have to buy him out or give him some kind of package. With 2022 being an election year and all the mess that as been happening, I'll bet money that wont happen. If John is re elected, which I suspect he will be, I don't think he'll have a problem giving Rick an extension. I think it will be up to Rick Leary if he wants to stay or move back to Boston.

Back