News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Spotted this on my 504 today. This same sign was taped on to the inside of all four doors, and there was one in the front window. What's it for?

IMG_20230320_153310.jpg

Last edited:
Spotted this on my 504 today. This same sign was taped on to the inside of all four doors, and there was one in the front window. What's it for?

View attachment 462880
Route 504 with the car assign as 35 car on/for the line

View attachment 462880

I've noticed recently a lot of destination sign problems -- particularly plaguing the 501WB. The entire car will have blank signage.

I don't know if it's a bungled software update or something. Really odd that it'd mainly affect one direction of one route.

Reactions: PL1
I've noticed recently a lot of destination sign problems -- particularly plaguing the 501WB. The entire car will have blank signage.

I don't know if it's a bungled software update or something. Really odd that it'd mainly affect one direction of one route.
506 had hand made signs along the car as well yesterday.

It is. There is a computer (?) problem on some of the streetcars that is causing the destos and announcements to stop working.
Seems to have carried over through today. Quite surprising. This has impacted much of the fleet.

Seems to have carried over through today. Quite surprising. This has impacted much of the fleet.
Are they not doing testing before rolling out upgrades/changes? Think also of the computerized announcements where some streets (e.g.) are pronounced incorrectly.

I work in healthcare, and most IS changes are tested thoroughly before roll-out.

Local Army Reserve conducting scheduled training exercise at Bay Lower Station this weekend

March 23, 2023

From March 24-26, the 48th Highlanders of Canada, one of Toronto’s Army Reserve units, will be conducting a scheduled training exercise at the TTC’s Bay Lower Station. Members of the public may see small groups of unarmed soldiers in uniform in and around Bay Station. No live ammunition will be used during this exercise.

The TTC regularly partners with public safety organizations to provide a unique venue for different kinds of training exercises.

The exercise will take place between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and signage will be posted throughout the station.

As Bay Lower Station is not accessible to the public, there will be no impact to service at the station.

The event is closed to members of the public or media.

Back