News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I see "Yonge-University-Spadina Line" is back again :eek:

It's risen from the grave to haunt us. Spooky

Honestly, I'm going to miss Spadina line. Most of the western side of the YUS is Spadina (St. George to Vaughan) so I've always called that whole side the Spadina Line.

I didn't know we have ever stopped calling it the yonge university spadina line?

I didn't know we have ever stopped calling it the yonge university spadina line?
Spadina has all but disappeared from the website, and from the TTC maps, including those on the T1 trains in the last few weeks - though they were on the early December version of the Ride Guide on the website.

It's risen from the grave to haunt us. Spooky

Honestly, I'm going to miss Spadina line. Most of the western side of the YUS is Spadina (St. George to Vaughan) so I've always called that whole side the Spadina Line.

It actually barely runs under Spadina at all, unless you still refer to the Allen expressway or the rest of the former expressway right-of-way as Spadina ...

Another slight modification to the Subway/RT/Airport Rocket map; I believe that this version appears only on buses servicing the Airport Rocket route.

HCwdxca.jpg

From Twitter

And new platform signage for Kipling Station, now including 'path of travel' indicators:

j6eZLh1.jpg

From Twitter

I like that TTC design is a twitter account now.

Imagine t-shirts or hats with the those circle symbols? The sales from some new TTC design merch in a cool Dundas West pop up shop would pay for several new subway lines for sure.

Better yet, use Kickstarter! There are people willing to spend thousands of dollars on a fancy widget.

Slightly off topic, but for the sake of a personal project, does anyone happen to know the typeface that the TTC uses for their Streetcar route indicators? I've narrowed it down to a customized Univers Ultra Condensed but if anyone knows for sure it would be great! Here's the reference...

509_harbourfront_510_spadina_replica_ttc_roll_sign_poster-r3b034f6d41b7457f876734ea3ba8aab3_ailv.jpg

Attachments

• 509_harbourfront_510_spadina_replica_ttc_roll_sign_poster-r3b034f6d41b7457f876734ea3ba8aab3_ailv.jpg
    509_harbourfront_510_spadina_replica_ttc_roll_sign_poster-r3b034f6d41b7457f876734ea3ba8aab3_ailv.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,520

Back