News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ah but I never said that I lived right at the corner of Dean Peak and Sheppard. I am on Dean Park Road but closer to Highway 401

Push Councilor Moeser to advocate for an extension to Meadowvale as part of the city's new found love for incremental transit improvement. Meadowvale after all was originally conceived as the terminus for the SELRT.

More misinformation. People living east of Rouge River Drive will have two options. Given the SRT will be rebuilt and extended to Sheppard, they will be able to either take the SRT continuously to Yonge (as it will be interlined with Eglinton) or take the SELRT across to Don Mills.

Or just take a bus to the Rouge Hill GO station. Why spend over an hour on transit with like 3 transfers?

If two councillors switched their vote from LRT to subway and Mamo voted then the result would have been the opposite, or a tie rather.

In which case the meeting would be deferred until Moser showed up and voted LRT. I'm glad it didn't win by a single vote though.

I really like the amendment to have staff put together a 50 year transit plan, including funding options, for this fall to complement the work Metrolinx has completed. I hope to see a lot of "encourage Metrolinx to run frequent service on Georgetown corridor and Kennedy to Union service".

Take the bus from the Dean Park Road area to Rouge Hill Go Station in order to get to Leslie and Sheppard? Gweed, you obviously did not bother to read my previous post

Last edited:
Take the bus from the Dean Park Road area to Rouge Hill Go Station in order to get to Leslie and Sheppard? Gweed, you obviously did not bother to read my previous post

I wasn't responding to your post, I was responding to quicksilver commenting about how to get to the Yonge line, and by extension downtown.

Or just take a bus to the Rouge Hill GO station. Why spend over an hour on transit with like 3 transfers?

1) Currently, this requires double fare; not everybody can afford it.
2) Even if the fare is not an issue, the route works only for downtown; not for locations further up Yonge.

Just updated my TTC 2030 map in my signature. I've rerouted the subway to go north under the 404 to the Beaver Creek-Commerce Valley area, since if any extension is to be taken on this line, it should be that since there is a mix of employment and residential in that area.

I've also increased the stops on Sheppard to the ones proposed for Transit City, but have kept the stop spacing the same on the other lines. My reasoning is that once Sheppard is complete, people will complain that the stop spacing is too close together, especially when compared to other LRT and BRT projects in the GTA and Southern Ontario. Therefore when constructing Finch and Eglinton surface, they will remove the stops at side streets. In fact, if this happens I would not be surprised if 15 years from now Sheppard is shown as 'Streetcar Rapid Transit' like St. Clair and Spadina, while Finch and Eglinton are shown as full rapid transit lines.

It's official........I'm lost.
So let's assume that Ford has lost his battle and the city moves on with it's TC plans.............what exactly was decided today?
What lines will be built and how long are they, by when, what will be underground, is Finch a BRT, how many stations per line, any new funding mechanisms, what's the cost?
Can someone please state exactly what happened and what the result for eack line be?
Thanks

Back