News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

An underground platform-platform bus terminal is interesting. I don't think the city has ever proposed such a thing. It'd definitely need a loop, unless it's supposed to run through.

And are there basic blueprints of Sheppard's stations online anywhere, particularly for Don Mills station? Or how far east of Don Mills is the station box? I remember mentioning it somewhat in jest, but if in lieu of a Line 4 extension we instead veered any Don Mills/Queen subway east along Sheppard I'd be interested to know if the two lines could share the existing station. Or the two share any E-W portion between Don Mills and Vic Park. I'm guessing not, but still I think bringing the RL east at this point would have value and capture a lot of riders.

An underground platform-platform bus terminal is interesting. I don't think the city has ever proposed such a thing. It'd definitely need a loop, unless it's supposed to run through.

And are there basic blueprints of Sheppard's stations online anywhere, particularly for Don Mills station? Or how far east of Don Mills is the station box? I remember mentioning it somewhat in jest, but if in lieu of a Line 4 extension we instead veered any Don Mills/Queen subway east along Sheppard I'd be interested to know if the two lines could share the existing station. Or the two share any E-W portion between Don Mills and Vic Park. I'm guessing not, but still I think bringing the RL east at this point would have value and capture a lot of riders.
In the Dr. Gordon Chung report from 2012 (Toronto Transit: Back on Track) the had plans and profiles for the route from 404 to STC. For whatever reason, the drawings were not available for the Don Mills station and the portion East of 404. I have posted the question before, but nobody was able to come up with the drawings for the Don Mills Station.

It looks like there were too options. Either the line following Sheppard, with a station at Sheppard & Consumers, or, the line dipping south to go under Yorklands Blvd., with a station at Yorkland and Consumers. This would rejoin Sheppard near Settlers with the station in both cases at Sheppard (just East of ) Vic Park.

In the Dr. Gordon Chung report from 2012 (Toronto Transit: Back on Track) the had plans and profiles for the route from 404 to STC. For whatever reason, the drawings were not available for the Don Mills station and the portion East of 404. I have posted the question before, but nobody was able to come up with the drawings for the Don Mills Station.

It looks like there were too options. Either the line following Sheppard, with a station at Sheppard & Consumers, or, the line dipping south to go under Yorklands Blvd., with a station at Yorkland and Consumers. This would rejoin Sheppard near Settlers with the station in both cases at Sheppard (just East of ) Vic Park.

That report has some solid graphics and a good history. Hadn't seen it in awhile, thanks. I remember being curious about this last year, specifically the western portion and what kind of structure was to cross the W Don. Maybe next time I'm at crappy tire I'll stop by the Reference Library.

Back