News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Tiki bars in stations. Half price when there is a subway delay.

Would also help prevent drinking and driving, and act as an excellent pre-drink pit stop between your house and the bar, hahaha. And you put happy hour between 4 and 5, that way it convinces business to switch from 9-5 to 8-4, thereby spreading out the peak load.

Would also help prevent drinking and driving, and act as an excellent pre-drink pit stop between your house and the bar, hahaha. And you put happy hour between 4 and 5, that way it convinces business to switch from 9-5 to 8-4, thereby spreading out the peak load.

Forget the bar, you could just spend your evening station-hopping. All for a single low cover charge. Give out a few more in-station musician/entertainer permits and we'll have a whole new underground entertainment scene.

Forget the bar, you could just spend your evening station-hopping. All for a single low cover charge. Give out a few more in-station musician/entertainer permits and we'll have a whole new underground entertainment scene.

Although doing this would necessitate suicide doors. Although you would probably have to rename them "drunk doors". Open tracks + alcohol = flat people.

now the 320 vomit express will now be available underground......

It certainly would be an interesting promotional tool though. Stop in for a beer at Bloor-Yonge station on your way home from work. If public art can add "uniqueness" to a station, why can't a different themed bar? haha. It would be an interesting gimmic to get people to use transit, that's for sure.

The MoE ordered it stopped, not because of the cleaning solutions going in the drains, but because the break dust is toxic.
Toxic? So when my 3-year old walks down the stairs to the subway putting her hands in places on the railing that adults never touch ... and has completely black hands by the bottom, should I be concerned?

Perhaps I should phone the MOE Spills hotline.

Toxic? So when my 3-year old walks down the stairs to the subway putting her hands in places on the railing that adults never touch ... and has completely black hands by the bottom, should I be concerned?

Perhaps I should phone the MOE Spills hotline.

Likewise, when they go out to your balcony near Gardiner and leave hand-prints on your black windows, you should be concerned. Subway breaks will be essentially the same material as car breaks (some kind of carbon pad?); so it's the size of the particle that is the issue.

isn't asbestos a common material for brake pads to be made out of?

Just a note on washing. The MoE ordered it stopped, not because of the cleaning solutions going in the drains, but because the break dust is toxic. It is also quite difficult to wash off with water. It's not like power-washing dirt on your car.

That's quite funny.

Have any more good ones to tell us while you're at it?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back