News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Instead of corporations, maybe private hedgefund billionaire types could have stations named after them, after they pay out $100 million. Ted Rogers Station (Rogers), Michael Goldhar Station (with a Smart Centre/Walmart built on top), Heather Reisman Station (Chapters/Indigo), George Cohen Station (Mcdonald's), Weston Station (grocery shopping), etc.....

Notice a pattern here? All these rich folks got rich off of evil, greedy corporations!

Now what's the big deal about the corporatization of TTC stations again?

Now what's the big deal about the corporatization of TTC stations again?

makes navigation miserable, gives the impression that everything is for sale and also makes the impression that the TTC is a minor hockey team.

plastering advertising throughout the system for profit is fine but naming the stations for corporations is really tacky. IMO it eats away at the very soul of the city. corporatization is fine for some things but not for something as big as transit lines & transit stations.

I always wondered why St. Andrew Station and St. Patrick Station existed.

When I first moved to Toronto many years ago I found the subway extremely easy to navigate around the city. But to this day, I still can not remember what the difference is between St. Andrew and St. Patrick station. I always have to refer to the map. Which is Queen and which is King? All the more reason for me to shake my head at the absurdity of handing over naming rights to corporations.

Worse than just the lack of geographical clues, the corporation names would change every few years.

When they built the new baseball stadium in San Francisco it was Pac Bell Park. Then SBC bought Pacific Ball and it became SBC Park. Now that SBC is AT&T I guess it's AT&T Park or even the 'the New AT&T' Park. I bet they wish they had given it a real name.

Worse than just the lack of geographical clues, the corporation names would change every few years.

i think those are two of the best arguments against the proposal.

imagine how much problems name changes would cause!

Flight Attendant: Please prepare for our landing in Tanzania.
(Someone hands her a note)
Flight Attendant: Excuse me. It is now called New Zanzibar.
(Someone hands her another note)
Flight Attendant: I'm sorry. It is now called Pepsi Presents New Zanzibar.

i think those are two of the best arguments against the proposal.

imagine how much problems name changes would cause!

Betty: The next station is Trump International West. Trump International West Station.

Driver: Uhh...sorry folks...starting from today it's Microsoft West. Microsoft West, next station. Please excuse us.

LOL!

peter papoff ministries station.... get your miracle transfers! only $2.75!

no elevators will be required at this station. everyone will be pushed in the head by the station attendant and the devil will be cast out and cripples will walk! every time someone gets cured, canes and wheelchairs will be thrown on the tracks. praise jesus! :D

When they built the new baseball stadium in San Francisco it was Pac Bell Park. Then SBC bought Pacific Ball and it became SBC Park. Now that SBC is AT&T I guess it's AT&T Park or even the 'the New AT&T' Park. I bet they wish they had given it a real name.

dabf10_02_zovuvazz.jpg

I always wondered why St. Andrew Station and St. Patrick Station existed. After all, Museum Station is named for the Royal Ontario Museum, Osgoode Station is named after Osgoode Hall, and Queens Park named for, what else, Queen's Park. I know that St. Andrew and St. Patrick are churches near the stations, but how many actually make those churches their destinations? Why wasn't St. James Station named for King, or St. Michaels Station named for Queen?
They are named after their former ward names, not the churches.

Uh, if I had a lot of money, could I get the naming rights to "F--- You Greg Kinnear and ATU Local 113 Station"?

Uh, if I had a lot of money, could I get the naming rights to "F--- You Greg Kinnear and ATU Local 113 Station"?

what's with the dashes? are you buying the rest of the letters on installments?

;)

Back