News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Personally I think Sheridan is a better name, and if I was around in 1978, I'd've voted for it. Of course, Babylon 5 didn't exist in 1978, so I'd have to wreak some havoc on the space-time continuum to go back and do that...

Sheridan is a nice name, but it could be any suburb anywhere in the English speaking world.

Mississauga is unique and all yours!

Well, Sheridan is site-specific, i.e. this is where the Sheridan nursery empire ruled the land. (Same with Sherway, i.e. Sher-way.)

There are concerns amongst the staff and students at Sheridan that if the entire business program is moved from the Davis and Trafalgar Campuses to a new 3,000 student Mississauga campus, that many students might consider Humber or Mohawk over Sheridan since only 37% of business students come from Mississauga.

There are concerns amongst the staff and students at Sheridan that if the entire business program is moved from the Davis and Trafalgar Campuses to a new 3,000 student Mississauga campus, that many students might consider Humber or Mohawk over Sheridan since only 37% of business students come from Mississauga.

Sure, students living in Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton etc. might look to other schools, but the Davis campus is pretty close to MCC so I dont see many of those students changing their mind. If anything, an MCC location would attract more students as it will be located pretty much on a major transit hub.

I doubt transit is a major consideration for many students when choosing schools. And even if it was, they wouldn't choose any school in Misshitsauga.

I doubt transit is a major consideration for many students when choosing schools. And even if it was, they wouldn't choose any school in Misshitsauga.

It sure beats being in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in Brampton and Oakville. and btw... Transit was a consideration in my choice, I dont see why other students looking to stay within the GTA wouldn't look for access via transit when deciding where to go.

Either way, I meant building a campus on a transit hub expands the reach of that campus, which in turn means getting more people.

Constructing a campus at a transit node is extremely important, but it means nothing if the students that go there cannot get to transit lines that service the campus. Transit in the GTA is quite terrible, which is partially the reason why something like 95% of students at the Davis Campus drive.

I do think that they should build a Sheridan campus in Mississauga, preferably at a transit hub, or at least build it on Hurontario when the LRT is constructed.

Transit was a consideration for me as well. I knew I could commute to U of T, as opposed to moving downtown. Same thing for my brother, he commutes to York via GO transit. My sister commutes to UTM via MT. So yes, transit is a major consideration in my humble opinion. So speak for yourself doady.

This is very awesome. It would really help change MCC and help transform it into a downtown. All the right ideas are starting to appear, I just hope they turn into reality for MCC.

I think any smart student would look into the area, and where they are going to go for entertainment, and how they are going to get there. As well as groceries, banks, and other shopping. And how they are going to get to these places would be the key factor in deciding if that campus is going to be good for them.

Some updated information on the potential campus, from UW`s Buildings and Properties Committee minutes from May. There was more discussion about it at the October 1st meeting but I didn`t realize it was on the agenda until afterwards and didn`t get the chance to go. If I find out any other information, I`ll be sure to keep it posted.

`While no further discussions have taken place with the City, given UW's plans to launch 22 professional Master's programs over the next while, Mississauga, accessible to major transportation arteries, presents possibilities as an attractive location for offerings. At the undergraduate level, a partnership/joint program with Sheridan College re: digital media, with linkages to Stratford, also holds interesting possibilities.

Some updated information on the potential campus, from UW`s Buildings and Properties Committee minutes from May. There was more discussion about it at the October 1st meeting but I didn`t realize it was on the agenda until afterwards and didn`t get the chance to go. If I find out any other information, I`ll be sure to keep it posted.

Why does the city seem to be sleeping here? This will be a HUGE boost for the city, yet they aren't doing anything to attract them.

Back