8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Underpass park be popppppin!

9FC67A64-0C16-4635-BFA3-F9CD017F5301.jpeg
00ABD1CB-A0AA-4101-9FA3-E75D32069C5C.jpeg

A question to the experts, would a merger between Rogers and Shaw communications result in a new mixed use high rise tower in Calgary that's similar to Telus Sky? I got that question after reading this article https://financialpost.com/telecom/a...7-a9fd42111ae6/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"Rogers has committed to hiring in the province and building a new research centre in Calgary"

"Rogers is committing to add 3,000 net jobs in Western Canada with 1,800 in Alberta alone, keep its Western operations headquartered in Calgary, and plans to establish a National Centre of Technology and Engineering Excellence in Calgary"
I believe Telus Sky was successful and Rogers might follow suite in the future to show its commitment to Western Canada and Alberta in particular

A question to the experts, would a merger between Rogers and Shaw communications result in a new mixed use high rise tower in Calgary that's similar to Telus Sky? I got that question after reading this article https://financialpost.com/telecom/a...7-a9fd42111ae6/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"Rogers has committed to hiring in the province and building a new research centre in Calgary"

"Rogers is committing to add 3,000 net jobs in Western Canada with 1,800 in Alberta alone, keep its Western operations headquartered in Calgary, and plans to establish a National Centre of Technology and Engineering Excellence in Calgary"
I believe Telus Sky was successful and Rogers might follow suite in the future to show its commitment to Western Canada and Alberta in particular
They have the Rogers Skydome, maybe they can do a new mixed use tower here called Rogers Skyhome :)

In my opinion, that will never happen. Too many enormous large contiguous blocks of empty 'A' class space that could be taken over. I don't see any market case for building a tower in this city with a major component being office space. It would be so much more expensive to occupy space that you build today comparatively to picking up available headlease space in the downtown that is everywhere and you have your choice of whatever you'd want as a tenant. That market isn't going to change for a really long time (read: decades).

That's an interesting line of thinking, I hope you're right. The original office component of the proposal for 633 Third Avenue SW was to include a significant expansion for Shaw, but then it was put on hold. This of course was a mixed-use proposal, next to Shaw Tower.

Back