News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Any renders included in your pamphlet?
No renders sadly. Just a basic sketch of the form with some measurements.

20211122_104317.jpg

So by the looks of it, this site next to the Simmons will be developed by Alston Properties out of Winnipeg. Based on their website they seem to be a rental company with properties in Winnipeg, Calgary and Victoria. Seems like they have quite the eclectic group of properties with a few older buildings here in Calgary. This looks like it might be their first new build so could be good, could be crap. I've got faith CMLC will set the bar fairly high for design provided the developer doesn't play the bait and switch.

Great news about the site next to Simmons. I also walked by the new MODA office and noticed they have a mockup of the site east of the M2 building. I believe it's for the N site that's currently for sale.

https://www.calgarymlc.ca/landsales
knowing Moda, that's likely their proposal, not the actual proposal. I really hope those guys can get more of their projects built! can only think of a handful that got past the proposal stage...

knowing Moda, that's likely their proposal, not the actual proposal. I really hope those guys can get more of their projects built! can only think of a handful that got past the proposal stage...
Totally. Don't think it's a firm proposal but at least shows there's potential interest in the site and maybe some activity in the near future

I'm not sure if this one has been discussed in the past or not but there is a virtual information session taking place on November 23rd at 7pm. The project is called Riverpark and is located on the corner of 2nd Ave & 1st St SW. The website provides the following description:

Located in Calgary’s urban Chinatown neighbourhood, this modern building includes 52 rental apartments, 2 commercial retail units, and a variety of amenity space. The project is currently under design with permits under progress.

Features include spacious kitchens, large windows and modern finishes. Although there is no parking on-site, street level bike storage and close transit will provide alternatives. All suites will offer private balconies.

Riverpark apartments average 570 square feet and feature quartz counters, combination bath/shower, stacked washer/dryer and efficient stainless appliances. Secured bike storage, extra scooter storage with street access complements a common amenity space on the riverside park. Secured building access, keyless entry and professional management provide safety and security to all residents.

Website and information session registration can be found here: https://m2sc.ca/current-projects-1

rs=w_600,h_300,cg_true.jpeg

I'm not sure if this one has been discussed in the past or not but there is a virtual information session taking place on November 23rd at 7pm. The project is called Riverpark and is located on the corner of 2nd Ave & 1st St SW. The website provides the following description:

Website and information session registration can be found here: https://m2sc.ca/current-projects-1

View attachment 364789
Hmm, on the corner? I am guessing this is where that building used to be that had the angled glass coming down. It got demolished and there is a big BLM mural on the property directly to the east. With no parking on site this one could rise up nice and quick from grade. Promising.

Hmm, on the corner? I am guessing this is where that building used to be that had the angled glass coming down. It got demolished and there is a big BLM mural on the property directly to the east. With no parking on site this one could rise up nice and quick from grade. Promising.

We get to find out how much influence Terry ‘build nothing in Chinatown’ Wong has over Council

View attachment 364789
This is excellent, love this. Would be down for this scale on all the empty lots of the downtown and surrounding neighborhoods

Back