News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Genesis land development is apparently going ahead with their massive development called "Omni" according to a friend from Ledcor...and I saw on Global news Calgary Genesis Ceo commenting on Alberta budget and mentioning they are happy to see the province moving a head with the airport trail connecting it to stoney trail to make it easier to commute to "Omni" and CN logistics park in Conrich. I honestly thought Omni is dead since it's a massive outdoor mall and there are already 2 massive malls nearby!

Has it received land use approval through the regional board? Does it need to get land use if the ASP (or a portion of it) has already been approved? Much of the growth in the NE (where there has been a LOT) is very underserved by retail, this project will probably be quite successful.
I usually look at City of Calgary development permits but I think Omni is being built in Rockyview County close to Conrich. Years ago the argument against it was there are already lots of retail in the area but I totally agree that NE is being developed fast and Omni would probably be a success especially that it got a big residential portion in the whole mix

Maybe the Hudson Bay can do the same to their store on Stephen Avenue now that condo market is heating up in Calgary! Hudson’s Bay to Redevelop Downtown Vancouver Flagship with an Eye to the Future of Retail: Interview with President Wayne Drummond Screenshot_20220225-160003_Chrome.jpg

I usually look at City of Calgary development permits but I think Omni is being built in Rockyview County close to Conrich. Years ago the argument against it was there are already lots of retail in the area but I totally agree that NE is being developed fast and Omni would probably be a success especially that it got a big residential portion in the whole mix
Omni should be successful because as mentioned, NE population is increasing significantly, as well as Chestermere's. Conrich may be as well also? Either way, Omni being literally next door to Calgary's NE city limits will draw a lot of traffic from that part of town.
Maybe the Hudson Bay can do the same to their store on Stephen Avenue now that condo market is heating up in Calgary! Hudson’s Bay to Redevelop Downtown Vancouver Flagship with an Eye to the Future of Retail: Interview with President Wayne DrummondView attachment 381946
I would LOVE to see this happen to Calgary's location. Is there any word on what's happening with the vacant floors now that they've downsized?

It'd be nice to see the entire flagship get an overhaul, and the exterior repaired and cleaned up. The inside could use some love too.

Basically every person I talk to agrees the every nearly Hudsons Bay in the country needs a massive interior modernization done to it.

Back