News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'm currently travelling outside of Calgary and came across a high rise where the cladding was these pre-fab "brick" panels. I believe the new BMO expansion is using something similar but I'm curious if we've had any high rises in Calgary use this style of paneling? I don't know the cost but I think it looks far better than some of the more recent projects we've had that use a crazy amount of spandrel.

20220601_115444.jpg

I'm currently travelling outside of Calgary and came across a high rise where the cladding was these pre-fab "brick" panels. I believe the new BMO expansion is using something similar but I'm curious if we've had any high rises in Calgary use this style of paneling? I don't know the cost but I think it looks far better than some of the more recent projects we've had that use a crazy amount of spandrel.

View attachment 404357

BRB gotta figure out who the supplier for this is. Looks excellent, I guess you could premanufacture walls with windows and a thin brick, i should price this out. What city?

Last edited:

View attachment 404357
Those are precast panels with a brick finish. Very nice!

They are pretty common on residential high-rises in eastern Canada but not so much out here. We have some older high-rises built in the 70s and 80s with these but I can't think of anything contemporary.

They are pretty common on residential high-rises in eastern Canada but not so much out here. We have some older high-rises built in the 70s and 80s with these but I can't think of anything contemporary.
Just thinking about how good BLVD would look with these materials and type of construction

I believe the Delta Bow Valley is brick faced precast concrete panels but I’m not 100% sure.

We'd have sections of that land build by now if it wasn't all owned by a single developer (Remington Development Corporation.) Hopefully we'll see some developments pop up around the Green line station once it's open.
I agree. Much like Concord Pacific transformed the land around False Creek in Vancouver.

I just had a great dinner at Mercado's new sister restaurant Sorella on Centre St. I can't remember if this project was highlighted in this thread 1010 Centre St NW but the project has turned out so well. What was there previously was a brick bunker with a chiropractic office and zero street presence. Now there are a couple of great restaurants (Deepak and Sorella). Centre street has a ton of potential and I hope we see more of this.
The rooftop patio here is going to be busy!

I just had a great dinner at Mercado's new sister restaurant Sorella on Centre St. I can't remember if this project was highlighted in this thread 1010 Centre St NW but the project has turned out so well. What was there previously was a brick bunker with a chiropractic office and zero street presence. Now there are a couple of great restaurants (Deepak and Sorella). Centre street has a ton of potential and I hope we see more of this.
I passed by there a few times and wondered about it. Can't wait to try the rooftop patio.

Back