News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

CMLC just released their business plan for 2018. In that they stated they were not expecting three of their current residential developer partners .... Embassy Bosa /Fram & Slokker / Knighstbridge to move forward with their remaining East Village projects in 2018.
That means Arris, Vibe and Velo are all on hold.

The great thing about all three of those projects is that they are ready to go as soon as sales are reached and a BP is issued, assuming that Velo is no-parking like its sister N3. If not, that one will have a much larger construction timeframe. Either way, three of the four towers mentioned will be ready to go ASAP. I would hope that once Embassy Bosa and Fram + Slokker market these projects, they market them as the quickest-to-market preconstruction investment opportunities available in the province, as it's true.

Thanks for the update Jonny. I have to say that I’m not overly disappointed. I would be happy if the buildings went ahead, but the silver lining is maybe they get built at a later time when the latest styles have changed. At the moment EV has a homogeneous feel, it would be nice to have some other styles in the mix.

CMLC just released their business plan for 2018. In that they stated they were not expecting three of their current residential developer partners .... Embassy Bosa /Fram & Slokker / Knighstbridge to move forward with their remaining East Village projects in 2018.
That means Arris, Vibe and Velo are all on hold.

What???...A 5th street S.E. underpass??? See page 19.

I think these guys are outta control, lol.

They loooove their underpasses.

I also can't find any additional information about this "innovation centre" on 9th Avenue SE that they keep referring to - it sounds like it's supposed to be some kind of tech-startup-playground type thing.

They loooove their underpasses.

I also can't find any additional information about this "innovation centre" on 9th Avenue SE that they keep referring to - it sounds like it's supposed to be some kind of tech-startup-playground type thing.

I think the innovation centre will be ground floor on the new parkade on 9th avenue.

Could very well be tied to the Green Line. 6th would be better but 5th would have some promise as it would go right into the heart of EV and intersect the riff.
6th street seems to make more sense, unless it's something to do with the Green Line.
Good point. I'm not up to speed on my green line station details so you're probably right that it has something to do with the Green Line. There's probably only ever going to be one more underpass over there.

Really nice to see they plan to begin construction on the Innovation Centre and Parkade in 2019. Thought that was on the back burner. I really hope they chose 407 9 Ave over 363 9 Ave.

Was a nice read overall. A bit heavy on the self promotion, but it seems like EV and Vic Park are in good hands.

What a difference 5 years make. This view would have been completely different before 2012.

2017 Jan 6 111.JPG

Attachments

• 2017 Jan 6 111.JPG
    2017 Jan 6 111.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 287
Both neighborhoods are going in the right direction. VP is taking a bit longer, but it's doing it on it's own, and still rolling along.

Back