News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Boardwalk owns some of the older apartment buildings out here in Airdrie as well and has been fixing them up. The location they are in is ripe for tear down and building of something much better though so it kinda sucks they are being fixed, but at the same time does give people a nicer housing unit.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.2879...4!1sym9FV0lfsaHtmrC-y2W-zQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

These old eyesores here. I don't have any pics of the finished product but it is a vast improvement. I think only the one building has been done so far.

It looks a lot better. I still think they could have done a lot more with the street level. It's a paint job. The street level design needed a total rethink.

They could start by removing those wooden electrical poles out front. Honestly, Wooden poles should be banned from the downtown area. There is no need for them in this day and age. Bury them all!!
Agreed. Overhead powerlines especially make the street feel so much more aged than it needs to be. Should throw 'em underground and put some trees in their place.

I agree power lines should have no business on street level especially with big wooden poles but burying them is a lot more expensive and also a bit more difficult to repair and maintain. I think one of the biggest negatives of this city is the lack of maintenance they do once things are built. Roads and pedestrian crossing lines are another thing which aren't repainted frequently enough in this city, its further makes the whole streetscape unappealing. I think out of all the cities I've visited in Canada, Calgary really lags the most on this one. I think we need a bigger a budget put aside than what we have now for things like underground power lines, signage maintenance, and road surface marking maintenance.

I agree power lines should have no business on street level especially with big wooden poles but burying them is a lot more expensive and also a bit more difficult to repair and maintain. I think one of the biggest negatives of this city is the lack of maintenance they do once things are built. Roads and pedestrian crossing lines are another thing which aren't repainted frequently enough in this city, its further makes the whole streetscape unappealing. I think out of all the cities I've visited in Canada, Calgary really lags the most on this one. I think we need a bigger a budget put aside than what we have now for things like underground power lines, signage maintenance, and road surface marking maintenance.

What’s up with the road paint in this city? They repainted the intersection at 33 Ave and 20 street last year and the lines had vanished within a few months. I’ve never seen anything like it.

What’s up with the road paint in this city? They repainted the intersection at 33 Ave and 20 street last year and the lines had vanished within a few months. I’ve never seen anything like it.
Beats me man, I can name a countless number of roads that have been repainted only a year or two ago in my area yet they look like they've been deserted for close to a decade. Its one of those things that I just don't get, I mean ive been to developing countries with better painted roads all throughout their cities. And I also think very few Calgarians ever go out of their way to raise this as an issue in front of the city but it is really one of those things that speaks a lot about us to visitors. I'm sure it doesn't leave a very good impression to tourists when they have to see every other road has barely visible paint. The worst ones are the red light intersections, u can never tell where to stop. From what I noticed in England was they were really on top of their game when it came to maintaining road paint and traffic signs.

Beats me man, I can name a countless number of roads that have been repainted only a year or two ago in my area yet they look like they've been deserted for close to a decade. Its one of those things that I just don't get, I mean ive been to developing countries with better painted roads all throughout their cities. And I also think very few Calgarians ever go out of their way to raise this as an issue in front of the city but it is really one of those things that speaks a lot about us to visitors. I'm sure it doesn't leave a very good impression to tourists when they have to see every other road has barely visible paint. The worst ones are the red light intersections, u can never tell where to stop. From what I noticed in England was they were really on top of their game when it came to maintaining road paint and traffic signs.
Roads in most developing countries don't have as much exposure to salt (hotter climates) or freeze-thaw events. Those both put lots of strain on the materials.

Back