News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Was out at Britannia Plaza a few days ago and snapped a few pics. The area is really coming around, and was busy, even on a rainy gray day. The building that impressed me was the one with Monogram Coffee, I don't know the name of it, but I was Calgary had a 100 more buildings of this type.
0-IMG_5825.JPG 0-IMG_5826.JPG 0-IMG_5828.JPG 0-IMG_5829.JPG 0-IMG_5830.JPG 0-IMG_5835.JPG 0-IMG_5836.JPG
0-IMG_5828.JPG

Attachments

• 0-IMG_5825.JPG
    0-IMG_5825.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 483
  • 0-IMG_5826.JPG
    0-IMG_5826.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 0-IMG_5828.JPG
    0-IMG_5828.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 865
  • 0-IMG_5829.JPG
    0-IMG_5829.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 0-IMG_5830.JPG
    0-IMG_5830.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 506
  • 0-IMG_5835.JPG
    0-IMG_5835.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 478
  • 0-IMG_5836.JPG
    0-IMG_5836.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 480
Thank you for posting those! That one turned out amazing :D

I was just at the Elbow Room over the weekend, and it was packed. Considering how much money is in that neighborhood without a ton of quality options, it's not surprising that something like it is successful.

Britannia Plaza, is a great little hub, it always reminds me of a little town in Long Island where my wife is from.

The little Britannia area is really coming around. I imagine it'll pick up even more once The Windsor is done. The thing that surprised me most was how busy it was.

Here's a question. do you think Britannia has the potential to become the next Marda Loop?

The little Britannia area is really coming around. I imagine it'll pick up even more once The Windsor is done. The thing that surprised me most was how busy it was.

Here's a question. do you think Britannia has the potential to become the next Marda Loop?

I think it has potential but I don't think anything comparable t Marda Loop. The retail/mixed use node of Britannia today isn't even as big as Marda Loop was in like 1950, and I don't think the planning regulations of the Britannia area allow for much further expansion outside of its current area. That said, it has a lot of potential for intensification over the foreseeable future.

I t could someday, but not anytime soon. If a developer could ever get that section of land along 50th developed without nimbys stopping it, there could be enough critical mass to make it a destination hub. Right now it's busy, but mostly with people from the neighborhood.

Yeah, the burying of the high tension power lines and significant development along 50th Avenue is the next big potential for Britannia. Not sure when (if?) that will happen. The ARP only allows townhomes along 50th, and that will never be enough to justify burying those wires.

Yeah, the burying of the high tension power lines and significant development along 50th Avenue is the next big potential for Britannia. Not sure when (if?) that will happen. The ARP only allows townhomes along 50th, and that will never be enough to justify burying those wires.
The city would have to eat that cost I think, otherwise you are right, the cost would be too prohibitive for developers. Would be awesome to have a very urban street connecting Elbow to McLeod, might even jump start the revitalization of that fugly stretch of McLeod!

It would sure be nice to see that whole strip of land rid of powerlines are, developed into something medium density. I would think that land is fairly valuable and it would be worth putting the power lines underground to do it.

Back